- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business Administration
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Clark Library
- Academic Advising
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Franz Center
- Garaventa Center
- Honors Program
- Learning Resource Center
- Majors & Minors
- Studies Abroad
- STEM Center
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- University Core
- Campus Life
- About UP
- Student Activities
- St. Marys Student Center, MSC 161
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
Student Activities: Fall 2015 Orientation
As you acclimate to the campus and the location where you will live, study, relax, and play, you will also learn many important aspects of University life, including:
- the mission of the University;
- what faculty expect and how to become a successful student;
- the student services and academic advising the University provides;
- your rights and responsibilities as a student at the University;
- how to get involved in campus life outside the classroom;
- the lay-out of the University campus (view a campus map);
- how to access important information, particularly through our website and the campus web portal, PilotsUP;
- common terminology used by UP students, faculty, staff, and alumni (a.k.a. "Pilot-speak")
We look forward to seeing you! If you have any questions about the Orientation program, please feel free to contact us by phone at (503) 943-7470 on weekdays between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. or by e-mail: Office of Student Activities.
For an example of past Orientation programs please click here.
Orientation Headquarters in Franz Hall
Campus Pronunciation GuideNot sure how to pronounce some of those campus names?
Sound like an upperclassman with this guide!
Mago: MAY-go or MAH-go
Buckley Center: bee-CEE (B.C.)
Schoenfeldt: PAH-dray (Padre)
Click here for even more insight into "PilotSpeak"!