Student Activities: Pilot Express
Need a ride to the train station or airport for break but don’t want to pay outrageous cab fares or spend an hour on a crowded bus?! Well then just take the Pilot Express! The Pilot Express is a student run service that drives students to and from the train station and airport for breaks!
Please note: Because this is a student-operated service, the shuttle does NOT operate at the beginning or end of the academic year.
Wheelchair Accessible Alternatives
If you have a disability and need wheelchair accommodation for rides to the airport or train station during breaks, please contact the Pilot Express director in order to request wheelchair accessible transportation.
Ellen Malaki, director
Ashlee Baylis, advisor
How to Sign-Up:
- Sign-ups begin one to two weeks before each break. Students should check the "My Announcements" section on the Pilots UP portal for sign-up announcements. Students may also request to be put on the reminder email list by emailing email@example.com
- Come to the Office of Student Activities in St. Mary's Student Center during the sign up period. Business hours are 8:30am-6:00pm, Monday-Thursday; 8:30am-5:00pm Fridays.
- Bring your flight/train/bus information and the appropriate amount of money to pay for your trip. See below for current rates.
- Students taking the Greyhound bus should sign up for a ride to the train station. The bus station is one block away from the train station.
- The shuttle runs at pre-assigned times throughout the departure/returning day. Scroll down the page to see available runs for the next break.
- Each ride is limited to 6 passengers, except during the Christmas Break when increased luggage requires us to limit each ride to 5 passengers.
- After you sign up, you will receive a reminder sheet that details where to meet the shuttle, both departing and arriving, what to do if your travel plans change, contact information for the director, and a place to make a note of the details of your rides.
|Run||Cost for Student|
Having trouble finding a ride to the airport or train station?
There are several options using public and private transportation.
Take the MAX lightrail! A simple trip that uses the MAX shuttle run by Public Safety and only one transfer, the MAX is a cheap way to get to and from the airport. Check out the trip planner and other schedules on www.trimet.org to plan your ride.
You can also use trimet.org to plan a ride using the city bus network.
Take the Green Shuttle! (503-234-1414) They offer a flat rate of $25.00 each way from UP if you call before 7pm the night before your needed ride. Make sure to ask for the flat rate airport shuttle.
Take a taxi! Public Safety recommends Radio Cab (503-227-1212) and Broadway Cab (503-227-1234).
Ask around! Check with friends, your RA, or Hall Director to see if anyone can give you a ride.
Interested in driving for Pilot Express?
You can earn $8.80 per hour for each completed run that you drive to the airport or train station! You must be 21 years or older. You can find more information on the Pilot Express Drivers page.