- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business Administration
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Clark Library
- Academic Advising
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Franz Center
- Garaventa Center
- Honors Program
- Learning Resource Center
- Majors & Minors
- Studies Abroad
- STEM Center
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- University Core
- Campus Life
- About UP
- Academic Technology Services
- Franz Hall 114, MSC 16
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
Academic Technology Services: Front Desk
Job Description: Media Services Front Desk
Job Overview: This student position in the office of Academic Services Technology is the primary point of contact between Media Services and University community. A qualified candidate for this position will have excellent customer service and communication skills. The front desk position also entails managing and coordinating the deliveries and returns during the shift. A good working knowledge of the workings of the classrooms on campus as well as the equipment provided by Media Services is very critical. A successful candidate will also work closely with both the Senior Media Services Specialist and the Media Services Specialist to strive for a high level of customer service satisfaction. This position is between the hours of 7:45 AM and 5:00 PM
Pay Rate: Current starting wage is 9.00/hr
Reports to: Media Services Manager, Senior Media Service Specialist, and Media Services Specialist.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist University community members as a first point of contact for both a walk-in and phone situations.
2. Assist in organization and assignment of deliveries during the shift.
3. Check out and in the student Nextel phones and be responsible for them during the shift.
4. Assure Media Services customer service is of the highest caliber by keeping the full-time staff informed of any issues or concerns.
5. Understand all Media Services policies regarding check out lengths and authorizations.
6. Be up to date on all the equipment Media Services carries, maintains, and checks out.
7. Have an excellent working knowledge of the Web checkout reservation system.
8. Monitor deliveries and returns during shift, and coordinate all necessary equipment movement.
9. Know and follow the guidelines and policies contained in the I.S. Employee Manual.
10. Possess a good working knowledge of the equipment set-up and operation.
11. Serve the needs of the customers by employing good customer service and communication techniques.
12. Maintain a positive and professional attitude while working in the Media Services Department.
13. Ensure that the Media Services Department front desk and student work area is clean at the end of each shift.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.