- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business Administration
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Center for Entrepreneurship
- Garaventa Center
- Academic Advising
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Honors Program
- Majors & Minors
- Studies Abroad
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Arts & Culture
- Campus Ministry
- Counseling & Health Center
- Housing & Residence Life
- International Student Services
- Moreau Center for Service & Leadership
- Portland, OR
- Public Safety
- Recreational Services
- Shepard Freshman Resource Center
- Student Activities
- Student Affairs
- Student Resources
- About UP
- Academic Technology Services
- Franz Hall 114, MSC 16
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
- Academic Technology Services Home
- About Us
- Tech Tools
- Computer Labs & Classrooms
- Media Services
- Information Services
Academic Technology Services: Media Services Technician
Job Description: Media Services Technician
Job Overview: Provides support and minor assistance to students, faculty and staff in the Classrooms and in the Information Services Media Services department, and where needed onsite about the University. Major responsibilities involve delivering equipment to classrooms on time and in a competent manner, as well as basic trouble shooting of equipment in Media Services’ inventory.
Pay Rate: Current starting wage is $8.60.
Reports to: Media Services Manager, Senior Media Services Specialist, and Media Services Specialist
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serve the needs of all University members by employing good customer service and communication techniques.
2. Assist users with events, in the classroom, and in the Media Services department by resolving basic equipment functionality and procedural issues.
3. Assure that the classrooms, Media Services department, and any site visited during the performance of duties are left in a clean, functional manner.
4. Assist users at point of contact (on-site or in the Media Services department) by resolving basic functionality and equipment problems, seeking answers to more complex problems, and arranging for follow-up resolution if the problem cannot be resolved immediately.
5. Assure that the Media Services department operates appropriately by keeping it clean, orderly, and stocked.
6. Deliver, set up, break down, return, and troubleshoot equipment in a timely fashion.
7. Provide onsite technical assistance to faculty and staff, including equipment and functionality. Escalate issues as appropriate.
8. Possess a working knowledge of all the major A/V applications and hardware used within the University community.
9. Be on task; seek new assignments when completed with current assignments.
10. Stay informed about procedural and policy changes as well as new technical information.
11. Make appropriate staff aware of problems and/or supply shortages.
12. Know and follow the guidelines and policies contained in the IS Employee Manual.
13. Read and understand the procedure and instruction guides for Media Employees
14. Other duties as assigned.