- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Clark Library
- Academic Advising
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Franz Center
- Garaventa Center
- Honors Program
- Majors & Minors
- Shepard Academic Resource Center
- Studies Abroad
- STEM Center
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- University Core
- Campus Life
- About UP
- Academic Technology Services
- Tyson 109
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
Academic Technology Services: Event Technician
Job Description: Media Services Event Technician
Job Overview: This student position in the office of Academic Services Technology provides the primary support for events outside the normal operational hours of Media Services. A qualified candidate for this position will have excellent customer service and communication skills and be thoroughly dependable. An excellent working knowledge of both the classrooms on campus and the equipment provided by Media Services is very critical. A successful candidate will work closely with both the Media Services Manager and Senior Media Services Specialist to coordinate deliveries, management, returns, and repairs of equipment and services with the University Events Office. This position requires a flexible early morning, evening and weekend schedule. Hours scheduled will occur during the hours of 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM and 9:00 PM to 12:00 AM Mondays through Thursday, 5 PM to midnight on Fridays and various hours on Saturday and Sunday. Weekly meetings will determine the work schedule for the following week. However, due to the fluid nature of the position, it is possible that less notice will be given.
Pay Rate: Current starting wage is 9.00 to 11.00/hr DOE.
Reports to: Media Services Manager, Senior Media Service Specialist, and Media Services Specialist.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist University Events with events outside Media Services normal hours of operation.
2. Assure Media Services customer service is of the highest caliber by keeping the full-time staff informed of any issues or concerns.
3. Understand all Media Services policies regarding equipment check out length and authorizations.
4. Be up to date on all the equipment Media Services carries, maintains, and checks out.
5. Have an excellent working knowledge of the web checkout reservation system.
6. Monitor deliveries and returns during shift, and coordinate all necessary equipment movement.
7. Know and follow the guidelines and policies contained in the I.S. Employee Manual.
8. Possess an excellent working knowledge of the equipment set-up and operation.
9. Serve the needs of the customers by employing good customer service and communication techniques.
10. Maintain a positive and professional attitude while working in the Media Services Department.
11. Attend weekly meetings to determine the event needs for the following week
12. Escalate issues as necessary to the Senior Media Services Specialist and Manager
13. Perform other duties as assigned.