- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business Administration
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Clark Library
- Academic Advising
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Franz Center
- Garaventa Center
- Honors Program
- Learning Resource Center
- Majors & Minors
- Studies Abroad
- STEM Center
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- University Core
- Campus Life
- About UP
- Campus Ministry
- Chapel of Christ the Teacher
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
- Campus Ministry
- Faith & Formation
- Liturgy & Music
- Retreats & Pilgrimages
- Multifaith Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions
Campus Ministry: Faith & Formation Ambassadors
The Faith & Formation Ambassadors are a vibrant group of student leaders who foster Christian community at the University of Portland within the context of each residence hall. Through the collaboration of the Theology Department, Residence Life, Moreau Center, and Campus Ministry the Faith & Formation Ambassadors are supported in their work to actively and critically grow in faith, build community within a particular residence hall and throughout the University, and serve others.
The Faith & Formation Ambassadors live in residence halls on campus actively fostering the Christian community and come together as a cohort for prayer and formation, including a one credit theology seminar. The 2014-15 year will mark the first year of the redesign of the Faith & Leadership House into the Faith & Formation Ambassadors. While residence hall community sizes vary, the program is focused on one and possibly two students per residence hall.
Submission of an application does not commit you to a spot. After reading applications, the team offers interviews and subsequently extend invitations to join the program. The team treats this time as a mutual discernment process. When an applicant receives an invitation to become a Faith & Formation Ambassador, they then have several days to make their choice.
- Presence and support in the planning of Hall events, Hall Mass, and Hall Retreat
- One credit Theological Reflection seminar, Mondays 6:30-7:30pm
- Monthly service to support REX (Religious Experience with eXceptional people—prayer and fun with adults with intellectual disabilities).
- Collaboration with student leaders in the residence hall e.g., RAs, SJC, Bible Study leader.
- Engage in one’s faith through prayer, faith-sharing, and spiritual direction
- Respond to the particular needs of the hall
*The detailed responsibilities will be unique for each particular hall and will be outlined in conversation with the residence hall Senior Staff
- Alex Hermanny firstname.lastname@example.org Residence Life
- Pat Ell email@example.com Moreau Center
- Fr. Jeff Cooper, C.S.C. firstname.lastname@example.org Theology Department
- Beth Barsotti email@example.com Campus Ministry