- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business Administration
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Clark Library
- Academic Advising
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Franz Center
- Garaventa Center
- Honors Program
- Learning Resource Center
- Majors & Minors
- Studies Abroad
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- Arts & Culture
- Campus Ministry
- Counseling & Health Center
- Housing & Residence Life
- International Student Services
- Moreau Center for Service & Leadership
- Portland, OR
- Public Safety
- Recreational Services
- Shepard Freshman Resource Center
- Student Activities
- Student Affairs
- Student Resources
- About UP
- Franz Center
- Buckley Center 216, MSC 181
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
Franz Center: Faith-Based Leadership Program
The University's Faith-Based Leadership Program is designed for students who want to experience the challenges facing leaders in the Church and other faith-based organizations. Interning as an executive assistant for a senior leader in one of these organizations, you will be immersed in the reality of its day-to-day operations while, at the same time, discerning how God may be calling you to use your gifts and talents.
• Applications open in the Spring of the sophomore year. Applicants are interviewed and up to twelve (12) are chosen to participate. If positions are still available, the application process may be reopened in September.
Resume: you must include a current resume with your application.
To apply: online application
You will be contacted regarding the next steps following the receipt of all application materials - online application (including resume) and nominating letter - by a representative from Campus Ministry.
• During the fall of junior year, participants take BUS 302: Professional Development Internship, a one-credit course with some adaption for this FBLP
• During the same semester, participants will interview with several different executive mentors from the participating organizations
• In December, each will be paired with an executive mentor.
• In the spring of junior year, participants will take part in a series of faith-formation workshops led by Campus Ministry while you begin to meet with your executive mentor.
• In the summer following junior year, participants complete an eight (8) week internship within your mentor's organization.
• Fall semester of senior year, participants will meet present a brief on their experience to the internship academic coordinator and the Campus Ministry supervisor and submit a paper per BUS 302 requirements.
Participants receive a $3500 stipend for the summer portion of the internship. This internship is provided in part through a Vision and Call grant, which is administered by the Murdock Trust.
Deadline & More Information
Applications must be submitted to the Director of Campus ministry no later than March 31. For more details, visit us on the web at up.edu/campusministry.
This Faith-Based Leadership Program was developed by the Franz Center for Leadership, Entrepreneurship, and Innovation and Campus Ministry. For more information contact Campus Ministry at 503.943.7131.