- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business Administration
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Clark Library
- Academic Advising
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Franz Center
- Garaventa Center
- Honors Program
- Learning Resource Center
- Majors & Minors
- Studies Abroad
- STEM Center
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- University Core
- Campus Life
- About UP
- Franz Center
- Buckley Center 216, MSC 181
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
Franz Center: Faith-Based Leader Program
The University's Faith-Based Leader Program is designed for students who want to experience the challenges facing religious leaders from both the Church and other faith-based ecumenical perspectives. Interning as an executive assistant for a senior leader in the church or other faith-based organization, students will be immersed in the reality of its day-to-day operations while, at the same time, discerning how God may be calling them to use their gifts and talents.
• Applications open in the Spring of the sophomore year. Applicants are interviewed and up to twelve (12) are chosen to participate. If positions are still available, the application process may be reopened in September.
Resume: you must include a current resume with your application.
To apply: online application
You will be contacted regarding the next steps following the receipt of all application materials - online application (including resume) and nominating letter - by a representative from Campus Ministry.
• During the fall of junior year, you take BUS 302: Professional Development Internship, a one-credit course with some adaption for this program
• During the same semester, you will interview with several different executive mentors from the participating organizations
• In December, you will be paired with an executive mentor.
• In the spring of junior year, you will take part in a series of leader coaching sessions led by the Franz Center and faith-formation workshops led by Campus Ministry, all while you begin to meet with your executive mentor.
• In the summer following junior year, you complete an eight (8) week internship within your mentor's organization.
• Fall semester of senior year, you will meet and provide a 10-15 minute presentation on your experience and submit a paper.
Participants receive a $3500 stipend for the summer portion of the internship. This internship is provided in part through a Vision and Call grant, which is administered by the Murdock Trust.
Deadline & More Information
Applications must be submitted to the Director of Campus ministry no later than March 31. For more details, visit us on the web at up.edu/campusministry.
This Faith-Based Leader Program was developed by the Franz Center for Leadership, Entrepreneurship, and Innovation and Campus Ministry. For more information contact Campus Ministry at 503.943.7131.