Franz Center: Faith-Based Leader Program
The University's Faith-Based Leader Program is designed for students who want to experience the challenges and opportunities facing leaders in the Church or in other faith-based organizations. Interning as an executive assistant for a senior leader in the Church or another faith-based organization, students will be immersed in the reality of its day-to-day operations while, at the same time, discerning how God may be calling them to use their gifts and talents.
• Applications are open to sophomores during the spring semester. Applicants are interviewed and up to 5 are chosen to participate in the program.
• During the fall of their junior year, students take a one-credit course, LDR 391: Faith-Based Leadership. This course meets on Wednesdays at 4:10 pm and is required for program participants. This course has a $250 fee. Scholarships may be available for students with financial need.
• During the same semester, students interview with several executive mentors from participating organizations.
• In December, students are paired with an executive mentor.
• In the spring of junior year, students start the onboarding process with the organization within which they have been paired.
• In the summer following junior year, students complete an 8 week internship within your mentor's organization.
• During the fall semester of senior year, students provide a short presentation submit a paper on their experience.
Participants receive a $3500 stipend for their summer internship. Funding is provided in part through a Vision and Call grant, which is administered by the Murdock Trust.
Deadline & More Information
On-line applications must be submitted no later than Friday, March 4, 2016.
Nomination: Students must have support from a University faculty or staff member. This individual should be able to speak to your leadership potential and willing to submit a nominating letter on your behalf no later than the application deadline.
Resume: Students must include a current resume with your application.
To apply: Online Application
Following the receipt of all application materials – all applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview.
The Faith-Based Leader Program was developed by the Franz Center for Leadership, Entrepreneurship, and Innovation and by Campus Ministry. For more information contact Dr. Dave Houglum at email@example.com or Fr. Jim Gallagher at firstname.lastname@example.org.