Franz Center: Leader Certificate Program
• The one credit course LDR 225: Applied Leadership introduces students to the University of Portland Leader Certificate Program. During this course students explore what it means to be a leader using the 7 Leader Habits within Common Leader Vocabulary, assess and understand their strengths, explore several leadership theories, and create a personalized leader development action plan with a leader coach.
• The one credit LDR 325: Leadership Practice is the experiential component of the University of Portland’s Leader Certificate Program. During this course a Dexheimer Leadership Fellow coaches each student along his or her journey consisting of 3 leader habit development opportunities.
• The one credit course LDR 425: Applied Leadership Reflection is taken by students during their final semester in the program. The culmination assignment of a student’s leadership journey is a written philosophy of leadership that each student will take with them into the world to increase their capacity for good.
• Students who successfully complete all requirements of the program will be awarded a Leadership Certificate from the Franz Center.
• LDR 225 has a $250 course fee and LDR 325 has a $750 course fee.
Sponsorships May Be Available:
• Scholarships may be available for students in need of financial assistance to be able to participate in the Leader Certificate Program. Click HERE to complete the scholarship application. Scholarship applications are due Friday, November 11th at 5pm.
For more information about the program, contact the Franz Center for Leadership, Entrepreneurship, and Innovation, University of Portland, 5000 N. Willamette Blvd., Portland, OR 97203-5798. Telephone (503) 943-7769.