- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business Administration
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Clark Library
- Academic Advising
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Franz Center
- Garaventa Center
- Honors Program
- Learning Resource Center
- Majors & Minors
- Studies Abroad
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- Arts & Culture
- Campus Ministry
- Counseling & Health Center
- Housing & Residence Life
- International Student Services
- Moreau Center for Service & Leadership
- Portland, OR
- Public Safety
- Recreational Services
- Shepard Freshman Resource Center
- Student Activities
- Student Affairs
- Student Resources
- About UP
- Home >>
- Calendar of Events
- Intl Studies & Global Outreach Collaborative
- Buckley Center
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
Intl Studies & Global Outreach Collaborative: Calendar of Events
Listed below are times, events, and important deadlines for students interested in international studies or cross-border experiences in 2013-14. Where links are provided, further information is available. For past events, click here.
- First Annual Digi-Short Digital Storytelling Festival, April 9, 2014
CISGO and the University of Portland will be hosting the First Annual Digi-short Digital Story Telling Festival on April 9, 2014 in BC 163.
This event will present short videos detailing international traveling experience by University of Portland Students. Many of our students have studied, interned, or volunteered abroad; this event provides them with a digital platform to present their unique experiences to the world.
For more information, visit the Digi-Short WordPress site.
- Dr. Andrew Cohen's presentation on campus on March 26, 2014.
Cohen is a leading researcher in the applied linguistics field of language and culture learning strategies. He co-edited Language learning strategies with Ernesto Macaro (Oxford University Press, 2007), co-authored Teaching and learning pragmatics with Noriko Ishihara (Longman/Pearson, 2010), and most recently authored the second edition of Strategies in learning and using a second language (Longman/Pearson, 2011). He is the co-author of the Maximizing Study Abroad guidebook series published by the Center for Advanced Research on Language Acquisition. Andrew Cohen has also published research in numerous book chapters and journal articles in applied linguistics.
The presentation was made possible through funding International Languages and Cultures, the College of Arts and Sciences, School of Business, School of Education, School of Engineering, School of Nursing, the McNerney-Hanson Endowed Chair in Ethics, and the Collaborative for International Studies and Global Outreach.
Cohen’s visit included meetings with a variety of UP faculty, staff, and students who are involved with efforts to internationalize curriculum and programming.
For more information, contact Jeffrey White, Department of International Languages and Cultures, at 503-943-7141 or email@example.com.
- MBA Students from Madrid Visit Portland, March 1-12, 2014. CISGO welcomed MBA students from the Escuela de Organizacion Industrial, Madrid, Spain campus to the University of Portland From March 1-12, 2014. They visited regional industries and heard presentations from business, environmental leaders and UP faculty between March 1 and 12, 2014. These students exchanged ideas and interacted with UP students in SPN205, Spanish for Business Purposes.
The students arrived to Portland on Saturday, March 1. They took a tour of the UP campus and met up with UP students and faculty on Monday, March 3, 2014.
Dr. Kathleen Regan and Dr. Matthew Baasten talk to visiting MBA students from Escuela Organizacion Industrial (Madrid, Spain) in the Terrace Room on March 3, 2014. Dr. Kathleen Regan talks to students visiting from the Escuela de Organizacion Industrial (Madrid, Spain) in the Terrace Room on March 3, 2014. MBA and Renewable Energy students from Escuela Organizacion Industrial(Madrid, Spain) visited the Nike headquarters in Portland. Students toured the headquarters and met with Nike officials.
- CISGO International Film Series
- September 14, 2013: Thematic Forum on Comprehensive Internationalization
"I work at a school in Santiago, Chile (Saint George's College). I help a theology teacher in all of her classes (2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 9th, and 10th grade) and work in Campus Ministry - helping lead First Communion, Confirmation, various retreats, and various service projects. I also work at FundaMor, an organization that works with children and their families who have very difficult home situations, providing a home for many of the children while things are resolved at home."
Kelsey Rea,'10, Holy Cross Overseas Lay Ministry Program
Learn more about CST4 492: International
Development, Service and Leadership Class
Copy of UP Faculty and Staff International Interest Survey