- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Clark Library
- Academic Advising
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Franz Center
- Garaventa Center
- Honors Program
- Majors & Minors
- Shepard Academic Resource Center
- Studies Abroad
- STEM Center
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- University Core
- Campus Life
- About UP
- Intl Studies & Global Outreach Collaborative
- Buckley Center
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
Intl Studies & Global Outreach Collaborative: Past Events
Past CISGO Events:
Academic Year 2013-2014:
- First Annual Digi-Short Digital Storytelling Festival, April 9, 2014
CISGO and the University of Portland will be hosting the First Annual Digi-short Digital Story Telling Festival on April 9, 2014 in BC 163.
This event will present short videos detailing international traveling experience by University of Portland Students. Many of our students have studied, interned, or volunteered abroad; this event provides them with a digital platform to present their unique experiences to the world.
For more information, visit the Digi-Short WordPress site.
- Dr. Andrew Cohen's presentation on campus on March 26, 2014.
Cohen is a leading researcher in the applied linguistics field of language and culture learning strategies. He co-edited Language learning strategies with Ernesto Macaro (Oxford University Press, 2007), co-authored Teaching and learning pragmatics with Noriko Ishihara (Longman/Pearson, 2010), and most recently authored the second edition of Strategies in learning and using a second language (Longman/Pearson, 2011). He is the co-author of the Maximizing Study Abroad guidebook series published by the Center for Advanced Research on Language Acquisition. Andrew Cohen has also published research in numerous book chapters and journal articles in applied linguistics.
The presentation was made possible through funding International Languages and Cultures, the College of Arts and Sciences, School of Business, School of Education, School of Engineering, School of Nursing, the McNerney-Hanson Endowed Chair in Ethics, and the Collaborative for International Studies and Global Outreach.
Cohen’s visit included meetings with a variety of UP faculty, staff, and students who are involved with efforts to internationalize curriculum and programming.
For more information, contact Jeffrey White, Department of International Languages and Cultures, at 503-943-7141 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MBA Students from Madrid Visit Portland, March 1-12, 2014. CISGO welcomed MBA students from the Escuela de Organizacion Industrial, Madrid, Spain campus to the University of Portland From March 1-12, 2014. They visited regional industries and heard presentations from business, environmental leaders and UP faculty between March 1 and 12, 2014. These students exchanged ideas and interacted with UP students in SPN205, Spanish for Business Purposes.
The students arrived to Portland on Saturday, March 1. They took a tour of the UP campus and met up with UP students and faculty on Monday, March 3, 2014.
Dr. Kathleen Regan and Dr. Matthew Baasten talk to visiting MBA students from Escuela Organizacion Industrial (Madrid, Spain) in the Terrace Room on March 3, 2014. Dr. Kathleen Regan talks to students visiting from the Escuela de Organizacion Industrial (Madrid, Spain) in the Terrace Room on March 3, 2014. MBA and Renewable Energy students from Escuela Organizacion Industrial(Madrid, Spain) visited the Nike headquarters in Portland. Students toured the headquarters and met with Nike officials.
- CISGO International Film Series
- September 14, 2013: Thematic Forum on Comprehensive Internationalization
Academic Year 2012-2013:
Thematic Forum on Comprehensive InternationalizationSeptember 14, 2013
The Collaborative for International Studies and Global Outreach (CISGO) and the Teaching and Learning Collaborative (TLC) sponsored a Thematic Forum on Comprehensive Internationalization (CI) at UP for staff and faculty Saturday, September 14, 2013. This Forum provided a space where faculty, staff, and administrators addressed effective strategies to build comprehensive internationalization on campus through innovative programming and curriculum design. The thematic forum consisted of three different panels that examined the steps involved in building strong comprehensive internationalization on campus. Topics included:
- Internationalizing the curriculum.
- Department and professional school initiatives on campus that infuse an international perspective and ethos in learning and practices.
- International outreach through study abroad, internships, service and technology.
Campus Discussion on Comprehensive Internationalization
May 7, 2013
CISGO and Dr. Andrews, Dean of CAS and McNerney-Hanson Endowed Chair in Ethics, co-sponsored a campus-wide discussion concerning how to continue building and supporting comprehensive internationalization on campus. Frances Portillo, intercultural consultant, lead faculty, staff, and administrators in this discussion to explore what CI means to the various sectors on campus and how it is included in program development and curriculum.