- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business Administration
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Clark Library
- Academic Advising
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Franz Center
- Garaventa Center
- Honors Program
- Learning Resource Center
- Majors & Minors
- Studies Abroad
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- Arts & Culture
- Campus Ministry
- Counseling & Health Center
- Housing & Residence Life
- International Student Services
- Moreau Center for Service & Leadership
- Portland, OR
- Public Safety
- Recreational Services
- Shepard Freshman Resource Center
- Student Activities
- Student Affairs
- Student Resources
- About UP
- Financial Aid
- Waldschmidt 120, MSC 166
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
- 503-943-7311 or 800-227-4568
- fax: 503-943-7508
Financial Aid: Private Education Loan Application Procedures
Please carefully consider exhausting all federal loan options before borrowing private educational loan. Selecting a lender is an important decision as you will be working with your loan provider for the life of the loan. Take the time to compare private loans before you apply. To assist students searching for private educational loans, we have provided a preferred lender list below. However, you are not obligated to borrow from a lender on the preferred lender list. To apply for a private loan you will need to contact the lender directly.
- Preferred Lender List Rationale - Updated 03/27/2014
- Private Loan Preferred Lender List - Elm Select
Effective February 14, 2010, federal regulations require lenders to provide multiple loan disclosures to borrowers, a Student Self Certification Form, and an additional period for borrowers to decline the loan once it has been approved. The Student Self Certification Form will request the following information:
- Period of enrollment covered by the loan
Cost of Attendance for the period of enrollment covered by the loan (COA)
- Your COA can be found on your award letter or on Self Serve on the Pilots UP portal.
Estimated Financial Assistance (EFA)
- This includes scholarships and grants you are receiving as well as other loans and work study. It may also include other educational resources.
- Your EFA can be found on your award letter or on Self Serve on the Pilots UP portal.
These new regulations will add significant time to loan processing and fund disbursement. A private loan can take up to two weeks for the lender to process and notify the Office of Financial Aid of the request. Keep this in mind when submitting a loan application and allow for plenty of time for the loan to be processed.
Priority Loan Application Deadlines
- Spring, 2013 - December 1, 2012
- Summer, 2013 - April 22, 2013
- Fall, 2013 - July 1, 2013
- Spring, 2014 - December 1, 2013
Any loan requests submitted after these deadlines are not guaranteed to disburse by the first day of class.
Paperwork submitted after the deadline may take 2 or more weeks to process.
Final Loan Application/Change Deadlines
Loan applications and/or changes must be submitted by the deadlines posted below in order to be processed for that term.
- Spring, 2013 - April 15, 2013
- Summer, 2013 - Seven business days before your last scheduled summer class
- Fall, 2013 - December 1, 2013
- Spring, 2014 - April 15, 2014
Applications and/or changes submitted after these deadlines may not be processed.
Back to Apply for Loans.
School Code - 003224
Monday - Friday
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Monday - Friday, 9am-4pm.
Please call ahead to schedule.
April 15 - Final deadline to submit loan applications and/or changes for Spring 2014 semester.
April 21 - Priority deadline for completing loan applications and submitting paperwork for Summer 2014 semester.
May 1 - Tuition Deposit due
May 12 - First Summer Session starts
For more dates and deadlines, see Financial Aid Calendar.