- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business Administration
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Clark Library
- Academic Advising
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Franz Center
- Garaventa Center
- Honors Program
- Learning Resource Center
- Majors & Minors
- Studies Abroad
- STEM Center
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- University Core
- Campus Life
- About UP
- Financial Aid
- Waldschmidt 120, MSC 166
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
- 503-943-7311 or 800-227-4568
- fax: 503-943-7508
- Financial Aid Home
- Cost of Attendance
- Net Price Calculator
- Types of Aid
- Applying for Aid
- Loan Application Procedures
- Dates and Deadlines
- Student Employment
- Scholarship Links
- Veterans Benefits
Financial Aid: Direct Parent PLUS Loan Application Procedures
To apply for a Direct Parent PLUS Loan, complete the following steps.
- Accept your loans by accepting your award via Self Serve.
- Complete Section B of the 14-15 Direct Loan Confirmation Form.
- Print, sign, and return the form to the Office of Financial Aid.
- Access Direct Student Loans to complete
- Federal Direct PLUS Loan Application - requires a credit check.
- Master Promissory Note (MPN) - First time borrowers only.
Once all steps have been completed, the Office of Financial Aid will process your loans. As long as your paperwork is complete by the deadlines below, your loans will disburse 7 days prior to the start of each semester.
If you are denied a Parent PLUS loan (and are not seeking an appeal or an endorser) contact the Office of Financial Aid so that your student can be awarded any additional aid he or she may be eligible for.
For more details on the Federal Parent PLUS loan, please refer to the Direct PLUS Loan for Parents information.
For help with Direct Parent PLUS loan origination fees, please refer to our Loan Origination Fee Calculator.
Priority Loan Application Deadlines
- Summer, 2014 - April 21, 2014
- Fall, 2014 - July 1, 2014
- Spring, 2015 - December 1, 2014
Any loan requests submitted after these deadlines are not guaranteed to disburse by the first day of class. Paperwork submitted after the deadline may take 2 or more weeks to process.
Final Loan Application/Change Deadlines
Loan applications and/or changes must be submitted by the deadlines posted below in order to be processed for that term.
- Spring, 2014 - April 15, 2014
- Summer, 2014 - Seven business days before your last scheduled summer class
- Fall, 2014 - December 1, 2014
- Spring, 2015 - April 15, 2015
Applications and/or changes submitted after these deadlines may not be processed.
Back to Apply for Loans.
School Code - 003224
Monday - Friday
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Monday - Friday, 9 am - 4 pm.
Please call ahead to schedule.
January 1 - FAFSA opens for 2015-16 school year
January 2 - Spring semester tuition due
January 23 - Spring 2015 undergraduate and graduate census date
January 31 - Preferred deadline to submit FAFSA to ensure receipt by March 1
February 15 - OSAC Scholarship Early Bird Deadline
For more dates and deadlines, see Financial Aid Calendar.