- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Clark Library
- Academic Advising
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Franz Center
- Garaventa Center
- Honors Program
- Majors & Minors
- Shepard Academic Resource Center
- Studies Abroad
- STEM Center
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- University Core
- Campus Life
- About UP
- Financial Aid
- Waldschmidt 120, MSC 166
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
- 503-943-7311 or 800-227-4568
- fax: 503-943-7508
- Financial Aid Home
- Cost of Attendance
- Net Price Calculator
- Types of Aid
- Applying for Aid
- Loan Application Procedures
- Dates and Deadlines
- Student Employment
- Scholarship Links
- Veterans Benefits
Financial Aid: Direct Parent PLUS Loan Application Procedures
The descriptions associated with each item are specific to the 2016-17 academic year. If you are unsure of what is being requested or need information for a different school year, contact the Office of Financial Aid for clarification.
To apply for a Direct Parent PLUS Loan, complete the following steps.
- Accept your loans by accepting your award via Self Serve.
- Access Direct Student Loans to complete
- Federal Direct PLUS Loan Application - requires a credit check.
- Master Promissory Note (MPN) - First time borrowers only.
Once all steps have been completed, the Office of Financial Aid will process your loans. As long as your paperwork is complete by the deadlines below, your loans will disburse 7 days prior to the start of each semester.
If you are denied a Parent PLUS loan (and are not seeking an appeal or an endorser) contact the Office of Financial Aid so that your student can be awarded any additional aid he or she may be eligible for.
Please Note: Effective March 29, 2015, a loan counseling is required for applicants who are determined to have an adverse credit history, but who qualify for a Direct PLUS Loan by documenting extenuating circumstances or obtaining an endorser.
For more details on the Federal Parent PLUS loan, please refer to the Direct PLUS Loan for Parents information.
For help with Direct Parent PLUS loan origination fees, please refer to our Loan Origination Fee Calculator.
Priority Loan Application Deadlines
- Summer, 2016 - April 25, 2016
- Fall, 2016 - July 11, 2016
- Spring, 2017 - December 1, 2016
Any loan requests submitted after these deadlines are not guaranteed to disburse by the first day of class. Paperwork submitted after the deadline may take 2 or more weeks to process.
Final Loan Application/Change Deadlines
Loan applications and/or changes must be submitted by the deadlines posted below in order to be processed for that term.
- Spring, 2016 - April 15, 2016
- Summer, 2016 - Seven business days before your last scheduled summer class
- Fall, 2016 - December 1, 2016
- Spring, 2017 - April 13, 2017
Applications and/or changes submitted after these deadlines may not be processed.
Back to Apply for Loans.
School Code - 003224
Monday - Friday
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Monday - Friday, 9 am - 4 pm.
Please call ahead to schedule.
May 6 - Summer Tuition Due
May 19 - Summer 2016 undergraduate census date
June 30 - Summer 2016 graduate census date
July 11 - Priority deadline for completing paperwork for Fall 2016 semester
August 15 - Fall Student Employment jobs go live
For more dates and deadlines, see Financial Aid Calendar.