- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business Administration
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Clark Library
- Academic Advising
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Franz Center
- Garaventa Center
- Honors Program
- Learning Resource Center
- Majors & Minors
- Studies Abroad
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- Arts & Culture
- Campus Ministry
- Counseling & Health Center
- Housing & Residence Life
- International Student Services
- Moreau Center for Service & Leadership
- Portland, OR
- Public Safety
- Recreational Services
- Shepard Freshman Resource Center
- Student Activities
- Student Affairs
- Student Resources
- About UP
- Financial Aid
- Waldschmidt 120, MSC 166
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
- 503-943-7311 or 800-227-4568
- fax: 503-943-7508
- Financial Aid Home
- Costs & Need
- Types of Aid
- Applying for Aid
- Student Employment
- Scholarship Links
- Veterans Benefits
Financial Aid: Getting Paid
Step 1—Financial Aid Office
- New employees present valid ID to complete the federal
W-4 and I-9 forms.
2013 I-9 Employment Form [.pdf]
2013 W-4 Employment Form [.pdf]
Please bring in these completed forms with valid ID.
Documents commonly used as valid ID include:
- Original Passport
- Original Social Security Card and Photo ID
- Original Birth Certificate and Photo ID
- For a complete list of valid documents please refer to the back of the I-9
- Pick up a Student Employment Referral Form if starting in a new position
- Pick up a Direct Deposit Authorization Form from Payroll or Student Accounts
- Bring Referral Form when inquiring about/interviewing for a job
- Once offered a job, clarify the work schedule and pay rate
- Complete the student and supervisor sections of the Referral Form together
Step 3—Financial Aid Office
- Turn in the completed and signed Referral Form
- Access online timesheet through Self-Serve (How-to: Accessing your Timesheet)
Step 4—Payroll Office
- Early in the first month, turn in a completed Direct Deposit Authorization Form
- Submit timesheet through Paperless Payroll (through self-serve) by the dates established on the
Step 5—Get Paid!
- Students will be paid twice monthly, on the 10th and 25th of each month.
- If you are signed up for Direct Deposit your paycheck will be automatically deposited in your bank account on pay day.
- If you are not signed up for Direct Deposit your paycheck will be mailed to your campus or local address.
UP Wage Scale
The wage scale ranges from $8.95 to $10.00 per hour. Questions about the wage scale please contact the Student Employment Coordinator.
Back to Student Employment
School Code - 003224
Monday - Friday
8am - 5pm
Monday - Friday, 9am-4pm.
Please call ahead to schedule.
Please send all
to the Office of Financial Aid,
please email to email@example.com or
fax to 503-943-7508.