Financial Aid: Graduate Direct PLUS Loan Application Procedures
The University of Portland is now participating in the Direct Lending program. To apply for your loans, complete all steps below.
- Accept your loans by accepting your award via Self Serve Banner.
- Complete Section B of the 13-14 Direct Loan Confirmation Form.
- Print, sign, and return the form to the Office of Financial Aid.
- Access Direct Student Loans to complete
- Federal Direct PLUS Loan Application - requires a credit check.
- Entrance Counseling - First time borrowers only.
- Master Promissory Note (MPN) - First time borrowers only.
Note - You will need your FAFSA PIN to sign the MPN electronically.
Once all steps have been completed, the Office of Financial Aid will process your loans. As long as your paperwork is complete by the deadlines below, your loans will disburse 7 days prior to the start of each semester.
For more details on the Federal Graduate Direct PLUS loan, please refer to the Direct PLUS Loan for Graduate Students information.
For help with Direct PLUS Loan origination fees, please refer to our Loan Origination Fee Calculator.
Priority Loan Application Deadlines
- Spring, 2014 - December 1, 2013
- Summer, 2014 - April 21, 2014
- Fall, 2014 - July 1, 2014
- Spring, 2015 - December 1, 2014
Any loan requests submitted after these deadlines are not guaranteed to disburse by the first day of class.
Paperwork submitted after the deadline may take 2 or more weeks to process.
Final Loan Application/Change Deadlines
Loan applications and/or changes must be submitted by the deadlines posted below in order to be processed for that term.
- Spring, 2014 - April 15, 2014
- Summer, 2014 - Seven business days before your last scheduled summer class
- Fall, 2014 - December 1, 2014
- Spring, 2015 - April 15, 2015
Applications and/or changes submitted after these deadlines may not be processed.
Back to Apply for Loans.