Financial Aid: Graduate PLUS Loan Application Procedures
The University of Portland is now participating in the Direct Lending program. To apply for your loans, complete all steps below.
- Accept your loans by either signing and returning your award letter (first-time students) or accepting your award Self Serve Banner (returning students).
- Complete Section B of the 13-14 Direct Loan Confirmation Form.
- Print, sign, and return the form to the Office of Financial Aid.
- Access Direct Student Loans to complete
- Federal Direct PLUS Loan Application - requires a credit check.
- Entrance Counseling - First time borrowers only.
- Master Promissory Note (MPN) - First time borrowers only.
Note - You will need your FAFSA PIN to sign the MPN electronically.
Once all steps have been completed, the Office of Financial Aid will process your loans. As long as your paperwork is complete by the deadlines below, your loans will disburse 7 days prior to the start of each semester.
For more details on the Federal Graduate PLUS loan, please refer to the Graduate PLUS Loan information.
Priority Loan Application Deadlines
- Summer, 2013 - April 22, 2013
- Fall, 2013 - July 1, 2013
- Spring, 2014 - December 1, 2013
Any loan requests submitted after these deadlines are not guaranteed to disburse by the first day of class.
Paperwork submitted after the deadline may take 2 or more weeks to process.
Final Loan Application/Change Deadlines
Loan applications and/or changes must be submitted by the deadlines posted below in order to be processed for that term.
- Spring, 2013 - April 15, 2013
- Summer, 2013 - Seven business days before your last scheduled summer class
- Fall, 2013 - December 1, 2013
- Spring, 2014 - April 15, 2014
Applications and/or changes submitted after these deadlines may not be processed.
Back to Apply for Loans.