Financial Aid: Perkins Loan Application Procedures
To be completed by the student.
- Review your Award Letter to make sure you have been awarded a Perkins loan.
- Accept your loans by either signing and returning your award letter (first-time students) or accepting your award via Self Serve Banner (returning students).
- Complete a 13-14 Perkins Loan Confirmation Formindicating the loan amount requested and answering all the questions on the form.
- Print, sign, and return the completed form to the Office of Financial Aid.
- Complete a Federal Perkins Master Promissory Note (new borrowers only)—ECSI (Educational Computer Systems, Inc.) will contact you with instructions on completing the promissory note.
- Once the MPN is signed, the loan proceeds will be ready for disbursement at the appropriate time.
For more details on the Federal Perkins loan, please refer to Perkins Loan information.
Priority Loan Application Deadlines
- Summer, 2013 - April 22, 2013
- Fall, 2013 - July 1, 2013
- Spring, 2014 - December 1, 2013
Any loan requests submitted after these deadlines are not guaranteed to disburse by the first day of class.
Paperwork submitted after the deadline may take 2 or more weeks to process.
Final Loan Application/Change Deadlines
Loan applications and/or changes must be submitted by the deadlines posted below in order to be processed for that term.
- Spring, 2013 - April 15, 2013
- Summer, 2013 - Seven business days before your last scheduled summer class
- Fall, 2013 - December 1, 2013
- Spring, 2014 - April 15, 2014
Applications and/or changes submitted after these deadlines may not be processed.
Back to Apply for Loans.