Financial Aid: Nursing Loan Application Procedures
The descriptions associated with each item are specific to the 2016-17 academic year. If you are unsure of what is being requested or need information for a different school year, contact the Office of Financial Aid for clarification.
To be completed by the student.
- Review your Award Letter to make sure you have received a Nursing Loan.
- Accept your loans via Self Serve.
- Complete a 16-17 Nursing Student Loan Confirmation Form.
- Complete a Federal Nursing Loan Master Promissory Note— Heartland ECSI (Educational Computer Systems, Inc.) will contact you with instructions on completing the promissory note.
- Once the MPN is signed, the loan proceeds will be ready for disbursement at the appropriate time.
Priority Loan Application Deadlines
- Summer, 2016 - April 25, 2016
- Fall, 2016 - July 11, 2016
- Spring, 2017 - December 1, 2016
Any loan requests submitted after these deadlines are not guaranteed to disburse by the first day of class.
Final Loan Application/Change Deadlines
Loan applications and/or changes must be submitted by the deadlines posted below in order to be processed for that term.
- Spring, 2016 - April 15, 2016
- Summer, 2016 - Seven business days before your last scheduled summer class
- Fall, 2016 - December 1, 2016
- Spring, 2017 - April 13, 2017
Applications and/or changes submitted after these deadlines may not be processed.
For more details on the Federal Perkins Loan, please refer to the Nursing Loan information.