Financial Aid: Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan Application Procedures
To apply for your Direct Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized Loans, complete all steps below.
- Accept your loans by accepting your award via Self Serve.
- Complete Section A of the 14-15 Direct Loan Confirmation Form
- Print, sign, and return the form to the Office of Financial Aid.
- First time borrowers at UP only - Access Direct Student Loans to complete
- Entrance Counseling
- Master Promissory Note (MPN)
Once all steps have been completed, the Office of Financial Aid will process your loans. As long as your paperwork is complete by the deadlines below, your loans will disburse 7 days prior to the start of each semester.
For details about Direct Student Loan program at the undergraduate and graduate level, please refer to Undergraduate Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loans and Graduate Direct Unsubsidized Loans.
For help with Direct Student Loan origination fees, please refer to our Loan Origination Fee Calculator.
Priority Loan Application Deadlines
- Summer, 2014 - April 21, 2014
- Fall, 2014 - July 1, 2014
- Spring, 2015 - December 1, 2014
Any loan requests submitted after these deadlines are not guaranteed to disburse by the first day of class.Paperwork submitted after the deadline may take 2 or more weeks to process.
Final Loan Application/Change Deadlines
Loan applications and/or changes must be submitted by the deadlines posted below in order to be processed for that term.
- Spring, 2014 - April 15, 2014
- Summer, 2014 - Seven business days before your last scheduled summer class
- Fall, 2014 - December 1, 2014
- Spring, 2015 - April 15, 2015
Applications and/or changes submitted after these deadlines may not be processed.
Back to Apply for Loans.