Graduate School: Admission Information
Admission to a program leading to a master's degree is given only by the associate provost when the following conditions are fulfilled:
- All required application materials have been received
- A positive recommendation is received from the graduate program director of the department or school involved
The required application materials vary by program, please explore the application requirements for your specific program of interest using the provided navigation links under the Programs heading.
Admission as a postgraduate student is given only by the associate provost upon the advice of the appropriate graduate program director when the necessary application requirements are not fulfilled, such admission is for a limited time and will specify conditions which the applicant must fulfill in order to become a candidate for a master's degree.
Students must seek re-admission to the Graduate School from the associate provost in the event that:
- A student fails to register for a course in the first semester after admission
- In the regular year-round program the student fails to register for a semester
- In a summer-only program the student fails to register for a summer session
Re-admission to the Graduate School may be granted by the associate provost once the Application for Re-admission to Graduate School form has been completely filled out and submitted to the Graduate School office.
Change of program
The graduate student who desires to change to a different master's program must submit a formal Change of Master's Program application to the associate provost.