- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Clark Library
- Academic Advising
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Franz Center
- Garaventa Center
- Honors Program
- Majors & Minors
- Shepard Academic Resource Center
- Studies Abroad
- STEM Center
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- University Core
- Campus Life
- About UP
- Health Center
- Orrico Hall Upper Level, MSC 147
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
Symptoms of Alcohol Poisoning
Drinking too much alcohol too quickly can result in alcohol poisoning. Alcohol poisoning can cause significant damage to the body or even result in death. It is important to be able to identify the symptoms of alcohol poisoning and be able to react quickly and appropriately.
Symptoms accompanied by a strong odor of alcohol:
- Unconscious or semi-consciousness.
- Breathing slowed to eight or fewer breaths per minute.
- Lapses of more than eight seconds between breaths.
- Cold, clammy, pale or bluish skin
- If you encounter a person who exhibits one or more of these symptoms get help immediately. Call Public Safety at x4444, find an RA, or call 911.
- While waiting for assistance, gently turn the intoxicated person onto his/her side and maintain that position by placing a pillow in the small of the person’s back.
- Stay with the person until help arrives and provide as much information as possible to the professionals who respond.