Health Center: Appointments
The Health Center is not a walk-in clinic, though we do our best to accommodate as many patients as possible on any given day. If you would like to schedule an appointment with the Health Center, please contact us by phone,
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
Appointments will only be made in person or over the phone, no appointments will be made via email correspondence.
If you have a medical emergency and you are on campus dial x4444. If you are off campus dial 911. If you have an immediate mental health emergency, call the Multnomah County Crisis Line at (503) 988-4888.
Please be on time to any scheduled appointment at the University of Portland Health Center. If you are late, your appointment will be given to a student on our wait-list and you will need to reschedule your appointment. If you need to cancel or reschedule, please give us as much notice as possible so that we may offer the spot to another student. Please call 503-943-7134 to reach our front desk.
Please read carefully below for any requirements you may need in preparation for your appointment.
- All Appointments: A current list of medications and drug allergies and your student ID!
- Study Abroad Physicals: We need you to bring in your completed portions of the International Travel Evaluation Form (pages 1 & 5) along with your immunization records at least 24 hours prior to your appointment or it will be rescheduled. If you believe the Health Center already has these, it is your responsibility to confirm this before your appointment. Also, please visit the CDC travel website and review the posted information: www.cdc.gov/travel
- Lab Appt: Please bring your insurance card. If possible, please come hydrated.
- Sexually Transmitted Disease Screening: Please do not urinate for one hour before your appointment if you would like to screen for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea.
- Urinary Tract Infection: Please come 15 minutes early to your scheduled appointment so your urine can be tested before you are scheduled to see your provider. Please come hydrated so you are able to give a urine sample at your appointment. Refrain from taking Azo and like products, if possible, as they can affect the results of your test.
- Follow Up from an ER Visit: We need the medical records from the ER as well as any diagnostic test results. If you need help obtaining these, please come to the Health Center at least 24 hours before your appointment, if possible, so we may assist you in obtaining these.
- FLU: If you think you are experiencing symptoms of the FLU, please alert the Health Center. We handle flu illness appointments differently as to protect other students in the Health Center from coming into contact with the Flu Virus.
- Fever: If you are experiencing a Fever of 101 or higher and have an appointment at the Health Center, please call to alert Health Center Staff.
**There is no cost to see a provider, however, we do charge for testing and medication costs. Please bring cash or check with you to your appointment.**