- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business Administration
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Clark Library
- Academic Advising
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Franz Center
- Garaventa Center
- Honors Program
- Learning Resource Center
- Majors & Minors
- Studies Abroad
- STEM Center
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- University Core
- Campus Life
- About UP
- Residence Life
- Buckley Center 101, MSC 183
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
- 503-943-7205 or 800-227-4568
- fax: 503-943-8081
Residence Life: Contracts & Forms
All students residing on campus must read and sign the residence hall and food service contract before taking occupancy of their room. The contract is for the entire academic year except for those approved to be released through the petition process for spring study abroad, December graduation, or for those beginning the contract in January. It is important that the information in the contract is reviewed carefully by students and shared with parents/guardians.
A link to the housing contract will be sent to your UP e-mail address. The contract must be signed online. For students under 18, a link to sign the housing contract will also be sent to a parent or guardian's e-mail address.
Request for Exemption from First-Year Residency Requirement: Use this form if you are an incoming first-year student and would like to request an exemption from the on-campus residency requirement for first-year students.
2014-2015 Mid-Year Housing Application for Off-Campus Students: If you are currently living off campus but would like to move on campus during the same school year, complete this form. You can bring the completed form to Buckley 101, fax it to 503-943-8081, or scan it and e-mail it to email@example.com.
- To tell us you are leaving University of Portland altogether because you're taking a leave of absence, you're graduating midyear, or you're transferring schools.
- To tell us you've been accepted into a study abroad program and will not need your campus housing in the spring.
- To request to break your housing contract because of an unexpected and serious change in your health, financial, or academic situation. This requires supporting documentation and is granted only with approval from the Associate Director for Housing. Petitions to be released from the housing contract for the 2014-15 academic year must be received before the start of fall classes. Petitions to be released from the housing contract for the spring 2015 semester are due November 15, 2014.
- Section 1:
- To request that you change the room or hall to which you are assigned (requires hall director signature).
- To notify us that you've changed rooms (and/or halls). This requires the signature of your hall director and, where applicable, the signature of the hall director whose hall you will be moving to.
- Section 2:
- To petition to stay in on-campus housing when you will no longer be a full-time student.
- To request to arrive earlier than the date halls open at the beginning of a semester, or to stay later than the date halls close at the end of a semester. This requires an explanation and, if approved, your student account will be charged $41 per day that you move in early or stay late. Generally, requests are only approved for a single day's early arrival or late stay. The deadline for personal requests to stay late for Fall 2014 is Saturday, November 15, 2014. The deadline for personal requests to arrival early for Spring 2015 is Tuesday, December 9, 2014.
- To request an exemption from your meal plan. This requires attaching medical documentation (such as a note from your doctor) explaining why this exemption should be granted. It is not guaranteed.