Human Resources: Disciplinary Procedures
Cause for immediate termination would include:
- misappropriation of University funds or property
- any falsification of University reports or records
- repetitive absences or tardiness
- violations of standards of behavior
- breach of the terms and conditions of employment
- failing to resolve a conflict of interest
- intentional or reckless violation of the rights of students/visitors/fellow employees
- violation of recognized canons of professional ethics or ethical statements of conduct
- acting in a manner that is not in accord with the philosophy and objectives of the University as stated in University Statutes, the Deed of Trust, and the 1967 agreement between the Priests of the Holy Cross, Indiana Province, and the Board of Regents.
This list provides examples of immediate termination cause and is not intended to exclude other reasonable causes for disciplinary action.
Discipline may include an oral warning for the first offense, a written warning and probation or suspension for the second offense, and termination for the third offense. Discipline need not include these steps in this order depending on the severity of the incident and the circumstances surrounding it.