- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business Administration
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Clark Library
- Academic Advising
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Franz Center
- Garaventa Center
- Honors Program
- Learning Resource Center
- Majors & Minors
- Studies Abroad
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- Campus Life
- About UP
- Institutional Review Board
- Buckley Center 161
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
Institutional Review Board: Request for Review
The Request for Review form is available for download. This form summarizes your proposed study and includes study related documents. It is important that you follow the directions for completing the form and furnish the proper supporting materials. Any deviations or failure to submit the appropriate materials may result in a delay. Although a formal research proposal is not required when submitting the Request for Review form, the information in the provided should be of sufficient detail to all the IRB to adqueately review human subjects considerations. In addition, if students are to be used as research assistants in the study, information should be provided on how students are prepared and the nature of the research assistant roles. If you have questions, please contact the IRB member associated with your school, CAS, or the IRB chair.
If you are an instructor who is assigning classroom projects, please read the guidelines for Faculty supervising student research before submitting any materials to the IRB.
Materials submitted must be assembled in the order given below:
- The request for review form must be properly completed. Do not alter the form in any way. All the investigators must be listed. All forms must be submitted electronically.
- Any questionnaires or interview schedules that you intend to use.
- Informed consent form(s) or statement(s).
Send completed forms and necessary supporting material (electronic submissions ONLY, via email attachment) to your school or college IRB representative for the initial review.