- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business Administration
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Clark Library
- Academic Advising
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Franz Center
- Garaventa Center
- Honors Program
- Learning Resource Center
- Majors & Minors
- Studies Abroad
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- Campus Life
- About UP
- Information Services
- Buckley Center, MSC 194
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
Information Services: New Student
The directors and staff of the Information Services Division (IS), want to take this opportunity to wish you an enjoyable and productive academic year. IS envisions leveraging information technology in order to stimulate the exchange and creation of knowledge in an integrated environment that fosters an open, collaborative, and unifying culture. To that end, we have worked very hard to bring you some major information technology improvements.
We cannot recommend a specific brand of computer; however, we recommend you get the best computer that you can afford.
- Windows PC or Apple Macintosh
- Desktop or Laptop
We provide some software to students free of charge, which is available for download from the Download Center in the PilotsUP portal:
- Microsoft Office 2010 for Windows and Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac, which include Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Students are provided network accounts, which allow access to the campus-wide wireless network from a laptop or mobile device.
- Ethernet connections are available in dorm rooms. Ethernet cords can be provided to students upon request.
- Personal routers or switches are not permitted on campus.
- We provide analog and voicemail service to all students living in the dormitories.
- You must provide your own telephone instrument.
- Long phone cord.
- Long distance calling card.
- Cell phone (optional). The majority of students have cell phones. Cell phone signal strength can be spotty in some campus locations depending on the service provider. As a result, you may have problems sending or receiving calls.
- Personal printers that can be connected via data cable or bluetooth
- Printers that require network connections will not be able to connect to the University network.
- Printers are accessible in labs across campus in classroom buildings and dorms.
Students are provided University of Portland Google Apps accounts, which provide access to:
- Gmail & Google Talk
- Google Calendar
- Google Drive
IMPORTANT - The University of Portland IS department will never ask for your password via email, phone, or any other method. If you receive a message asking for your username and password, or want you to enter your username and password in a site, please report it to IS. NEVER reply to any email asking for your account information or other personal details.
Connect with IS
|UP Tech Talk on Twitter|
|@UPTechtalk on Celly|
|UP TechTalk Blog/News|
|UP Tech Alert on Celly|