- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business Administration
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Clark Library
- Academic Advising
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Franz Center
- Garaventa Center
- Honors Program
- Learning Resource Center
- Majors & Minors
- Studies Abroad
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- Arts & Culture
- Campus Ministry
- Counseling & Health Center
- Housing & Residence Life
- International Student Services
- Moreau Center for Service & Leadership
- Portland, OR
- Public Safety
- Recreational Services
- Shepard Freshman Resource Center
- Student Activities
- Student Affairs
- Student Resources
- About UP
- Information Services
- Buckley Center, MSC 194
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
Information Services: Technology Checklist
- We cannot recommend a specific vendor; however, we recommend you get the best computer that you can afford. We routinely contract with Dell, MPC, and Apple for faculty/staff computers. All three companies offer student discounts (simply inquire with each company).
- Personal Computer (PC) or Mac (we support both).
- Desktop or wireless-enabled laptop (your choice).
- We provide wireless networking (802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n).
- We provide Microsoft Office to all students. The productivity software includes Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. You will be able to download this software as soon as you arrive on campus.
- We provide Symantec Anti-Virus to all students. You will be able to download this software as soon as you arrive on campus.
- Operating system (Windows 7 for PCs or OSX for Macs). Be sure to install all of patches and updates.
- Any other programs that you frequently use. Be sure to bring your discs in case you need to reinstall a program.
- We provide email, network, and portal accounts to all students.
- We provide Internet access to all students living in the dormitories.
- Ethernet network (NIC) card (100 base/T preferred; any name brand vendor such as Intel, 3Com, SMC, etc.) (many computers have this built in).
- Ethernet network cable (Category 5, RJ 45).
- We provide analog and voicemail service to all students living in the dormitories.
- You must provide your own telephone instrument.
- Long phone cord.
- Long distance calling card.
- Cell phone (optional). The majority of students have cell phones. Cell phone signal strength can be spotty in some campus locations depending on the service provider. As a result, you may have problems sending or receiving calls. We cannot recommend a specific vendor; however, we routinely contract with Verizon (for off-campus access) and Nextel (for on-campus access) for faculty/staff cell phones.
- Printer cables.
- Extra toner/ink.