1. Merge and integrate key information technology organizations under the leadership of a Chief Information Officer with responsibility and authority for University-wide telecommunications and computing.
2. Provide and support an information technology infrastructure to enable effective, efficient, and meaningful learning, teaching, research, and other creative activities and the delivery of administrative services.
3. Define and communicate an integrated strategy for the development, maintenance, and use of the Web as a strategic tool for the University.
4. Provide a variety of ongoing training and support opportunities for students, faculty, staff, and the University community to enable them to use technology more creatively and more effectively.
5. Establish and support a commonly managed set of sub-networks that form a secure, reliable, standards-based network.
6. Develop and implement an information technology personnel development plan.