- Home >>
- How to Apply
Student Leadership: How to Apply
In order to complete your student leadership application thoroughly, please follow the steps listed below.
- Familiarize yourself with the position(s) - Carefully read the Position Descriptions of the student leadership positions for which you are applying. You may want to meet with student(s) who currently hold the position you are interested in. Check out the Student Leadership Directory for students currently involved. You will also want to visit specific departmental websites to learn more about the offices. Review the positional chart to review required time commitments, benefits/compensation, and positional compatibility.
- Choose two (2) references - You will need to provide the name and email for two (2) references when you complete your application. One reference must be from the University of Portland community (professor, supervisor, etc.) and one can be from on- or off-campus. Please talk with your references before you submit your application. The reference form will be sent to them automatically during the application process via the email addresses you list. Please note: students, friends, roommates, etc. should not be listed as references for this application. **Please note: if applying for the Faith & Formation Ambassador position, two of your references MUST be from your RA and your Hall Director.
- Complete the application - You may apply for up to three (3) positions with only one application! The application includes applicant information, a personal statement, and position specific questions. Some positions may also require you to submit a resume.
- Follow-up with your references - Please make sure your references have received the reference form via email and that they are aware of the reference form due date. It is your responsibility to ensure that your references complete this piece of the application on your behalf.
- Interview - If necessary, you will be invited in for an interview with the sponsoring departments. Check out the Other Resources page for interview tips.
- Directions & Maps
- 5000 N. Willamette Blvd., Portland, OR 97203-5798
- © 2015 University of Portland, All Rights Reserved