- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business Administration
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Clark Library
- Academic Advising
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Franz Center
- Garaventa Center
- Honors Program
- Learning Resource Center
- Majors & Minors
- Studies Abroad
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- Campus Life
- About UP
- Learning Resource Center
- Franz Hall 120
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
Learning Resource Center: Offerings
Peer Assistants provide assistance for completing class assignments and for understanding concepts and tasks involved with writing, math, speech (including group work), and international languages.
- Writing Assistants provide help at any stage of the writing process to complete formal papers, from brainstorming ideas and outlines, to revising and fine-tuning drafts.
- Math Assistants provide help to students by sharing strategies and insight towards solving mathematical problems for assignments, including class projects, and by aiding in students' preparation for exams. Assistants also provide additional instruction in course-specific material for lower-division math courses.
- Speech Assistants provide assistance, advice, and perspective for students who are doing preparation, planning, writing, or practice of oral public presentations. Assistants are glad to work on either conceptual/content items, or on practice/speaking items for portions of the speech or presentation, or for the entire speech or presentation.
- Group Process Assistants provide help to groups in systematically thinking through their social, task, and procedural needs, in negotiating group workloads and expectations, and in mediating constructive conflict to aid in strengthening of their project/paper. Groups are encouraged to meet with a group process assistant before commencing the group process to set expectations and negotiate workload and designs. However, group process assistance is available throughout the semester to groups regardless of the stage of their project or paper.
- International Language Assistants support students in all aspects of language learning, including grammar and reading comprehension, brainstorming and revision of essays, and preparation for exams.
- The Learning Assistance Counselor teaches learning strategies and skills that enable students to become more successful in their studies and future professions. The Counselor provides strategies to assist students with reading and comprehension, note-taking and study, time management, test-taking, and learning and remembering.
Location and Hours
The LRC is open Sunday from 1:00–9:00 p.m. and Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m.– 9:00 p.m.