- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Clark Library
- Academic Advising
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Franz Center
- Garaventa Center
- Honors Program
- Majors & Minors
- Shepard Academic Resource Center
- Studies Abroad
- STEM Center
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- University Core
- Campus Life
- About UP
- Moreau Center
- St. Marys Student Center, MSC 162
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
Moreau Center: Volunteer Opportunities
Look through the links to the left for an overview of the Moreau Center's offerings. From one-time projects to more ongoing commitments, serving diverse populations, and drawing on a variety of talents and skills, there’s bound to be a program that fits your interests.
How Do I Get Started?? 3 Helpful steps to finding a service site:
1. Check out helpful online resources to research a service site:
Moreau Center Volunteer Opportunities Blog: Upcoming events, local partners, ongoing or 1 time opportunities
- National/ local Service Databases
Contact your SJC (Service and Justice Coordinator) located in your residence hall.
These student leaders plan one-time volunteer opportunities monthly. Service & Justice Coordinators (SJCs) are students who promote social justice and volunteerism and support residence hall communities. SJCs promote their own programming as well as serve as a resource for the residence halls. They are a great way to find out what’s happening at the Moreau Center for Service and Leadership and in the community. They are also happy to collaborate with RA’s and Hall Staff for service-related projects.
Not sure who your SJC is?? Ask your RA or find them here:
—SJC and Student Staff link
3. Connect with a CVC (Campus Volunteer Coordinator) who offers volunteer opportunities throughout the school year with specific service sites. Campus Volunteer Coordinators (CVCs) are students who serve as campus liaisons with specific nonprofit agencies in the Portland metro. Feel free to contact them if you are interested in their area of service.
—CVC and Student Staff link
**Unsure or need more assistance? Students can also come into our office and speak with our staff about service sites, transportation, service learning, and our alternative breaks and immersions. Email the Moreau Center for Service and Leadership if you'd like to set up an appointment with our staff.
Below is a map of organizations and schools in the North Portland area within walking or biking distance.