- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business Administration
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Center for Entrepreneurship
- Garaventa Center
- Academic Advising
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Honors Program
- Majors & Minors
- Studies Abroad
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Arts & Culture
- Campus Ministry
- Counseling & Health Center
- Housing & Residence Life
- International Student Services
- Moreau Center for Service & Leadership
- Portland, OR
- Public Safety
- Recreational Services
- Shepard Freshman Resource Center
- Student Activities
- Student Affairs
- Student Resources
- About UP
- Moreau Center
- St. Marys Student Center, MSC 162
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
Moreau Center: Supervising Students
Community organizations and site supervisors are responsible for supervising student workers. Upon hire, students should be introduced to the community organization and staff members, have a thorough orientation, and be trained appropriately for their new position. Supervisors should plan to meet one-on-one with students at least once per month, as well as be available on a daily basis for questions and concerns.
Time Sheets & Paying Wages
At the end of each month, supervisors will be asked to sign a student sheet. Time sheets are provided by the
Supervisors should report any concerns regarding their student worker immediately to the
Commitments from Supervisors
- At will interviewing: The community organization will commit to the right to interview or not interview any CSWS student the Moreau Center offers for consideration.
- At will hiring: The community organization will commit to the right to hire or not hire any CSWS student the Moreau Center offers for consideration. There is no obligation to hire CSWS students for positions within the organization.
- At will discipline: The community organization will commit to the right to discipline, fairly, any CSWS student who does not meet the expectations of the offered position.
- At will termination: The community organization will commit to the right to terminate, fairly, any CSWS student who does not meet the expectations of the offered position. The Moreau Center has the right to have preliminary conversations with community partners prior to termination.
- Proper and thorough training and supervision: The community organization will commit to thoroughly and properly training and supervising CSWS students in a timely and clear manner.
- Exit interviews: The community organization will commit to meeting with CSWS students prior to the end of the student’s placement for an exit interview in order to review the student’s time, talk about future commitments, and tie up any loose ends. Exit interviews should also be conducted for students who are being terminated before their placement ends. Notes from exit interviews should be forwarded to the Moreau Center office for their records.