Moreau Center: Getting to Your Service Site
Riding your Bike
Riding your bike is a great way to get to your service site. If you don't have a bike on campus Recreation Services has bikes available for checkout through Howard Hall. If you choose to ride a bike and you are unsure of the route, feel free to stop by Moreau Center and take a look at our map book. Our map book has directions and maps to the service sites most commonly visited by U.P. students. Also visit the City of Portland's Office of Transportation site for a North Portland Bike Map or the bicycle trip planner by ByCycle.org.
Using Public Transportation
Portland has a very effective public transportation system by way of Tri-met buses and light rail (MAX). Bus #40 picks you up right at the main entrance of campus or near the Public Safety parking lot and can provide transportation to many of your service sites. The Moreau Center for Service and Leadership can also provide tickets for your trip. For help planning your route visit the Tri-Met Trip Planner or Maps & Schedules.
FlexcarThe University of Portland has Flexcar on campus! There are currently 3 vehicles on campus and many more in the surrounding neighborhoods. Visit www.flexcar.com/up to learn more about the UP Flexcar program and to register for an account. If you have any questions regarding UP's Flexcar program, contact Public Safety at x7161.
Moreau Center Vehicles
The Moreau Center for Service and Leadership has six vehicles available to check-out for volunteer use. The vehicles can be reserved for the Portland metropolitan area only. Vehicles are for community service only, and are available seven days a week. Requests for vehicles must be submitted at least one working day in advance. See the Moreau Center Vehicle Policy for further details. Be sure to have your driver form on file at Public safety before your drive.
- SJC events
- CVC events
- General volunteering - not connected to a class requirement such as practicum, clinical, CSWS, or field placement
- Clubs doing a viable community service project
- Must be a current UP student
- Must be 18 years of age, or 21 if driving passengers
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Public Safety Driver Form (submitted to Public Safety prior to driving)
- Name and location of site or event (submitted to the Moreau Center at time of booking)
- Site supervisor name and phone/email contact information (submitted at time of booking or ASAP)