Moreau Center: Getting Started
It’s easy to get started in the CSWS Program is but it's important to follow these steps:
1. Determine Eligibility: Contact Keith Foster at firstname.lastname@example.org in the Office of Financial Aid to determine your Federal Work Study eligibility. Students must have work-study as part of their financial aid package to participate in the CSWS Program. (Note: being eligible for a job on campus is not the same thing as Federal Work Study eligibility, so be sure to check with Financial Aid.)
2. Complete Student Application: Download and complete the CSWS application. Email your application to email@example.com. No hard copies will be accepted, only electronic versions. Contact the
3. Interview with potential Community Placement: After your application has been reviewed, it will be forwarded to potential community placements. Supervisors for these jobs will contact you directly for an interview if your qualifications fit their needs..
4. Accept a Position: If you are offered a position, it is up to you to accept or decline it. Inform the supervisor as soon as you've made a decision and arrange for your first day of work.
5. Inform the
6. Visit Financial Aid: Now that you've been hired you need to fill out hiring paperwork. Visit the Office of Financial Aid (1st floor Waldschmidt Hall) to pick up your Student Employment Referral Form. If you have had an on-campus job previously, you are already in the system and can just pick up a Student Employment Referral form. If this will be your first job through the University, when you go to Financial Aid you will also need to bring a current, valid ID to complete the federal W-4 and I-9 forms. Valid ID includes one of the following sets of documents:
7. Visit the
8. Start Working!You cannot work your first shift until your Referral form has been turned into Financial Aid. After this has been completed, start working at your Community Placement. Make sure you've coordinated an appropriate schedule that meets both the needs of those of the organization.
9. Get Paid: Twice a month a record of your hours will be due to the Moreau Center in order for you to get paid. Once you are hired the Moreau Center will walk you through what you need to do in order to complete this process - there is both an online system you must set up and submit hours to and an external system with your supervisor. The Moreau Center will help you with this once your paperwork has been completed.
10. Attend a CSWS Training: It is important that CSWS students attend a yearly training held at the beginning of the year. Students will be paid for this one hour meeting. The Moreau Center will send you further details once you have been hired.
Community Service Work Study Home