- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business Administration
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Clark Library
- Academic Advising
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Franz Center
- Garaventa Center
- Honors Program
- Learning Resource Center
- Majors & Minors
- Studies Abroad
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- Campus Life
- About UP
Recreational Services: Informal Fitness
Informal recreation is an important part of our program. Our drop-in program allows individuals to work out utilizing cardio fitness machines, weights, stretching areas, the gymnasium, and the pool, at times that fit their schedules.
Howard Hall provides:
- Cardio fitness equipment
- Free weights
- Paramount selectorized machines
- Aerobics room
- Running routes
- Tennis Center (managed by Athletics)
- Current student, faculty, staff, spouse, alumni I.D. required. Spouse & alumni membership available from the Director of Recreational Services.
- Closed toed shoes are required in work-out areas.
- Sport bras MUST be covered.
- Shirts must cover front & back and must not have parts cut out, eg., armpits, sleeves.
- Work-out clothes only, no jeans or belts.
- Cell phones are not allowed in work-out areas.
- Spotting is recommended for all overhead lifts.
- Olympic-style and power lifts are not allowed, eg., clean & jerks, snatches, dead lifts.
- The Recreational Services program is not responsible for personal belongings. Please lock personal items in a locker. Day use and semester lockers are available.
- Limit cardio workouts to 30 minutes if others are waiting.
- Water and sports drinks only, no food or soda.
- Priority order for use is Athletics, Intramural Sports, Club Sports, student groups
- Reservations are required for use.
- No bikes, animals or food allowed.
- Shoes must be clean.
- No cleats allowed.
- Use priority is Intramural Sports, drop-in use.