Recreational Services: Job Descriptions
Please follow the link to current openings (financial aid site) for current openings. Not all positions listed below have current openings and many require experience in a lower level position before a student is eligible to apply.
The person who serves in this position will be responsible for cleaning high-use areas of the recreation center, Howard Hall as well as projects as assigned by the Director of Recreational Services.Tasks include:
- General pick-up and cleaning throughout facility
- Pick up magazines, trash, lost & found and recyclables
- Hose down shower areas
- Dust mop gymnasium floor
- Clean basketball backboards
- Wipe down benches in lockerooms
- Clean windows & mirrors
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Recreational Services
- Research and plan trip and reserve necessary equipment, develop and conduct pre-trip meeting, purchase food for trip, conduct team building exercises and lead trip in safe, educational manner, facilitate rescue and evacuation procedures.
- Provide information on hikes, bike rides, etc., maintain inventory, check out snowshoes, bikes and camping equipment, call users of late equipment, notify director of recreational services of lost or damaged equipment.