- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business Administration
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Clark Library
- Academic Advising
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Franz Center
- Garaventa Center
- Honors Program
- Learning Resource Center
- Majors & Minors
- Studies Abroad
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- Arts & Culture
- Campus Ministry
- Counseling & Health Center
- Housing & Residence Life
- International Student Services
- Moreau Center for Service & Leadership
- Portland, OR
- Public Safety
- Recreational Services
- Shepard Freshman Resource Center
- Student Activities
- Student Affairs
- Student Resources
- About UP
- Waldschmidt 100, MSC 165
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
Please review the instructions below for picking up diplomas. If you intend to pick up your diploma at the Commencement ceremony, please note that you must have photo ID. No diploma will be issued without photo ID. Please see the instructions below based on your graduation date.
Fall Degree Candidates
You can pick up your diploma from the registrar’s office the week following finals week at the end of the fall semester. You will need to bring photo ID with you.
Any diplomas not picked up at the end of the week after finals will be mailed to your permanent home address listed on your degree application.
Spring Degree Candidates
All degree candidates will receive a blank diploma cover at the Commencement ceremony. There will be tables in the North Lobby of the Chiles Center for you to pick up your diploma.
- First drop off your gown at the Jostens table. You will be issued a verification slip.
- Go to the diploma tables. You will need photo ID to pick up your diploma. Present the verification slip and your photo ID to pick up your diploma. The diplomas are in alphabetical order.
Anyone in the following categories will not receive a diploma but instead will receive a letter:
- Your degree requirements will be completed the following semester.
- You have not completed all your degree requirements.
- One or more of your professors has not turned in your grade.
- You have a hold on your account.
- Any diplomas not picked up by 6:00 pm on the day of Commencement will be returned to the registrar’s office. You can pick up your diploma from the registrar’s office during the week following Commencement, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- You will still need the verification slip from Jostens. If you did not return your gown on Sunday, please return it to the University Events in Chiles Center first before picking up your diploma at the registrar’s office.
- All diplomas not picked up at the end of the week following Commencement will be sent to your permanent home address listed on the degree application form.
Summer Degree Candidates
You can pick up your diploma from the registrar’s office the week following the last day of the second summer session. You will need to bring photo ID with you.
Please retain your verification slip from Jostens for your diploma pick-up then.
Any diplomas not picked up at the end of the week following the last day of summer session will be mailed to your permanent home address listed on your degree application.