- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business Administration
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Clark Library
- Academic Advising
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Franz Center
- Garaventa Center
- Honors Program
- Learning Resource Center
- Majors & Minors
- Studies Abroad
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- Arts & Culture
- Campus Ministry
- Counseling & Health Center
- Housing & Residence Life
- International Student Services
- Moreau Center for Service & Leadership
- Portland, OR
- Public Safety
- Recreational Services
- Shepard Freshman Resource Center
- Student Activities
- Student Affairs
- Student Resources
- About UP
- Waldschmidt 100, MSC 165
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
Registrar: Apply to Graduate
All degree candidates must fill out a degree application form and complete all degree requirements prior to receiving a diploma. Links to the forms are on this webpage; the forms should be filled out online, printed, signed, dated, and turned into the Office of the Registrar by the deadline.
Degree Application Instructions
1. Complete the upper portion of the application form. Type your legal name as you wish it to appear on your diploma (include/exclude middle name, etc.). Please make sure to fill out the form online before printing it.
2. Return the application and all other completed materials to the Office of the Registrar for processing.
3. ALL GRADUATING STUDENTS ARE EXPECTED TO ATTEND THE COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY. If you are not able to attend the ceremony, please complete the form, “Notification of Non-Attendance at Commencement Ceremony” and submit it with your degree application. If your Commencement attendance plans are uncertain when you apply for graduation, please keep the form and submit it to the registrar’s office if you cannot attend the ceremony.
4. Students who will complete their degree requirements at the end of Summer 2014 and would like to attend the Spring 2014 Commencement ceremony please complete the “Request to Participate in Spring 2014 Commencement Ceremony” form.
All degree applicants will receive a Commencement Advisory booklet from the Office of University Events with all necessary instructions and a complete schedule of all activities.
You may now apply online for graduation. For information about applying online, please follow this link. If you apply online, you do not need to submit the paper forms.
Graduation Application Forms
These forms should be filled out online, printed, signed, and submitted to the Registrar's Office. Handwritten forms will not be accepted. If you submit a paper form, please do not apply online.
If you are applying for a Bachelor's degree, please follow this link.
If you are applying for a Master's degree, please follow this link.
If you are applying for a Doctorate, please follow this link.
If you are not able to attend the ceremony, please follow this link.
If you are completing your degree requirements at the end of the summer and would like to attend the Spring commencement, please follow this link. Please note this form is to be filled out only by those who are completing their degree requirements at the end of the summer.