- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business Administration
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Clark Library
- Academic Advising
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Franz Center
- Garaventa Center
- Honors Program
- Learning Resource Center
- Majors & Minors
- Studies Abroad
- STEM Center
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- University Core
- Campus Life
- About UP
- Waldschmidt 100, MSC 165
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
- Alumni and Former Students
- Faculty & Staff
- Information Resources
Registrar: Online Grading
Semester grades are entered online using your access through the portal at PilotsUP. You can access the portal from on or off campus. To access your portal account go to https://pilots.up.edu and enter your network user name and password or click on “Logging in for the first time?” if you have not accessed the portal before. Contact the help desk at extension 7000 if you have any trouble accessing the portal.
Online grading is available from the first day of finals week until Tuesday after finals week at 9:00 am for grade submission. Degree candidates' grades are due at 11:00 am the Friday after finals. We roll the grades into academic history Friday after finals at 11:00 am and every hour until 7:00 pm and at 10:00 am and 11:00 am on Saturday to check for degree candidates grades, and at 9:00 am the Tuesday after finals. During the summer, online grading is available from the last day of the first six-week session until 9:00 am on Tuesday after the last scheduled session. Changes can be made to grades online until they are rolled into academic history. After we roll the grades you must submit a change of grade form to change any grades that you have already submitted.
Any final grade registers not submitted online by the 9:00 am Tuesday deadline will be assigned the grade of “NG” and will require a change of grade form for each student to be submitted to our office to update the student’s academic history. Any single grades left blank on an online final grade register will be assumed to be students’ who did not withdraw properly and will receive the grade of “F” at the deadline.
The Authorization for Grade of Incomplete forms are due the same time as regular grades. Your dean’s approval and signature is required for all Incomplete grades. You cannot submit “I” grades online. You must submit a signed form to our office and we will enter the “I” grade in the student’s record. The “IP” grade is not a substitute for the “I” Incomplete grade.
To enter grades online:
Open Internet Explorer, go to https://pilots.up.edu, and enter your User Name: and Password:
- Click on Login to access the portal.
- Click on the Self Serve tab at the top of the page to open the Banner Web.
- Click on Faculty and Advisor Menu.
- Click on Final Grades.
- Click on the down arrow next to Select Term: open the drop down menu and select the term.
- Click on Submit Term .
- Click on the down arrow next to Select CRN: to open the drop down menu and select the course for which you want to enter final grades. (You can also click on [Enter Section Identifier (CRN) Directly] in the middle of the page and enter the CRN for a course.)
- Click on Submit CRN which opens theFinal Grade Worksheet.
- In the Final Grade Worksheet there is a drop down menu for the grade options for each student or you can data enter the grade.
- Please note the reminder: Please click the Submit Grades button often. There is a 30 minute time limit on this screen.
- Enter the grade for each student and click on Submit Grades.
- Only 25 students are on a page so that if your class is larger than 25 you will have additional pages. Please note the Record Sets: at the top and bottom of the page and click on the next set to continue entering grades for your students.
- Click on CRN Selection at the bottom of the page to select another course for which you want to enter grades.
- Click on Exit in the upper right corner of the page when you are done entering grades and close the window.
- Click on Logout in the upper right corner of the portal to log out of the system.
If you have any questions please call our office at 503-943-7321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will assist you with the process.
Office of the Registrar
University of Portland
5000 N Willamette Blvd
Portland, OR 97203
Phone: (503) 943-7321
Fax: (503) 943-7979