- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business Administration
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Clark Library
- Academic Advising
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Franz Center
- Garaventa Center
- Honors Program
- Learning Resource Center
- Majors & Minors
- Studies Abroad
- STEM Center
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- University Core
- Campus Life
- About UP
- Shepard Freshman Resource Center
- Buckley Center 113, MSC 184
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
Shepard Freshman Resource Center: Mentor Program
The mentor program occurs in the spring semester and offers the opportunity for first-year students (especially those who are first in their family to go to college) to be assisted by upper-level students. Mentors answer questions, resolve problems, and focus mainly on academics. Mentors' skill areas include time management and organization, learning assistance, and registration assistance. If students are placed on academic probation after the first semester, they are assigned a mentor. Students can email the Shepard Freshman Resource Center to find a mentor.
Are you interested in applying to become a Peer Mentor during the Spring 2015 semester?
Below are links to the position description and the application.
· Applications are due Friday, October 24th at 5PM.
· Interviews will be conducted November 10th – November 21st
· Faculty References due November 21st
· Position offers will go out December 2nd
· Acceptance of position due December 10th