Art of Diversity Exhibition (part of Diversity Dialogues Week)
Enter Your Original Art and Photos in the Campus Connector “Art of Diversity Exhibition” and Contest!
In coordination with Diversity Dialogues Week, we encourage you to submit an original piece of art or photography that represents an aspect of human diversity. Art and photographs will be displayed in the International Student Lounge (Christie Hall 020) and three winners will be chosen by audience selection. Then, join us for a special Campus Connector coffee hour on Friday, March 1st from 11:30am-12:30pm for viewing and discussion. Show off your talent and join!
***Here’s how it works***
- Create an original work of art or photography that represents an aspect of human diversity. Artwork can be presented in two- or three-dimensional form.
- Submit your original art or photo at International Student Services, Christie Hall 022 by 4:00pm on February 27th, 2013. Digital art may be submitted as .JPEG attachments to email@example.com.
- Include your first and last name, phone number & email (for notification purposes only), and artwork title with your submission.
- Visit the ISL in Christie Hall 020 from 11:30am-12:30pm Friday, March 1st for refreshments and discussion with the Campus Connector. Viewing and voting will be open 8:30am-4:30pm on March 1st..
- All UP students, staff, faculty and alumni are welcome to participate.
- Each artist can submit up to three submissions.
- Artwork must be received no later than 4:00pm on February 27th, 2013 to be considered for the contest.
- All artwork must be submitted by the work’s original artist and owner.
- Submission must include the name, phone number & email (for notification purposes only), and title of artwork.
- Submission of your artwork gives International Student Services the right to display your artwork for public viewing during Diversity Dialogues Week (February 25-March1). Credit will be given to the artist. Digital submissions will be displayed as part of a computer slideshow, physical submissions will be given first-come first-serve choice of display locations in the International Student Lounge.
- Three artists will be chosen as winners by audience selection on Friday, March 1st.
- Discussion and viewing will be led by the Campus Connector during coffee hour on Friday, March 1st from 11:30am-12:30pm. Winning artists will be invited to publicly display their artwork on campus following Diversity Dialogues Week. Winners will also receive a small gift and recognition certificate from the Campus Connector program.
***For more information about Diversity Dialogues Week: http://www.up.edu/activities/default.aspx?cid=10762&pid=168***