- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business Administration
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Center for Entrepreneurship
- Garaventa Center
- Academic Advising
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Honors Program
- Majors & Minors
- Studies Abroad
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Arts & Culture
- Campus Ministry
- Counseling & Health Center
- Housing & Residence Life
- International Student Services
- Moreau Center for Service & Leadership
- Portland, OR
- Public Safety
- Recreational Services
- Shepard Freshman Resource Center
- Student Activities
- Student Affairs
- Student Resources
- About UP
- Student Accounts
- Waldschmidt 130, MSC 156
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
Student Accounts: FAQ
Possible reasons you have not received your refund include:
- Refunds will not be processed until after the first day of the semester; no refunds will be issued prior to the start of the semester.
- A refund cannot be processed until there is an ending credit balance on the student account.
- There is a two-week holding period for credits that result from an overpayment from a check or e-payment of any kind.
- Refunds are not issued for students with monthly payment plans (TMS) until the plan is paid in full.
- Credits from Parent Plus loans are issued to the parent who took out the loan unless the parent has submitted written authorization to issue the check to the student.
To fill out a form, please contact Chris Olinger (firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-943-7107) in the Graduate School office.
Typically loan money will not appear on your account until the week before school begins. You may view your student account on line using the UP Portal to see if your loan has credited your account. All required financial aid paperwork must be submitted before loans can be disbursed to your account. For additional information please contact the Financial Aid office at 503-943-7311.
The University provides check cashing service to all current students, staff and faculty up to $75.00 a day. Students should remember that a current University of Portland ID card is necessary for all transactions.
You will not receive a 1098T-if one of the following applies to you:
- You have received scholarships, grants, third-party payments, tuition remission and/or tuition exchange in the amount equal to or in excess of your qualified tuition and fees.
- You are not a U.S. citizen
- You graduated in spring semester. In most cases, you would have been registered and billed for spring semester in November or December of the prior calendar year, and so the charges for that semester would appear on the prior year’s 1098-T.
- The address listed on your self-serve account is no longer current
back to top