Student Accounts: Electronic Payments
- Go to Tuition Management Systems
- Select "University of Portland" from the "This payment applies toward" drop-down menu in the "Make a Payment" box
- Select "Make a Payment"
- Enter the student’s name, 9-digit Student ID #, and the term
- Select "Continue"
- Enter the payment amount and select “Add”
- Select "Continue"
- Select “Checking or Savings Account” as the payment method for financial institutions within the U.S.
- Select “International Bank Transfer” as the payment method for financial institutions from outside the U.S.
- Enter your account information per the online directions
Please confirm with your financial institution that third-party debits are allowed from the checking or savings account you wish to use to make a one-time payment. Some financial institutions have a dollar limit to how much can be debited in one transaction, so you may want to verify with them ahead of time that the payment amount will be honored. If you have not confirmed this, as well as the other information required to process the payment(s), we cannot confirm the payment(s) made will process successfully. Please be aware that passbook savings, equity lines of credit, and most money market accounts do not allow third-party debits, so it is strongly suggested you confirm with your financial institution prior to attempting payments from these types of accounts.
It is your responsibility to make sure there are adequate funds in your account. Please note that all payments will be cleared and processed by your financial institution to determine availability of funds. Typically this process can take up to 3-5 business days and is dependent upon your financial institution, so even if you have received a payment confirmation at the time of the transaction, your financial institution may still not honor the payment. If your financial institution returns your e-payment unpaid for any reason, your student account will be charged a $30.00 returned payment fee.
For any questions, please call Tuition Management Systems at 1-800-722-4867 and let them know you are making a one-time payment.back to top