- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Clark Library
- Academic Advising
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Franz Center
- Garaventa Center
- Honors Program
- Majors & Minors
- Shepard Academic Resource Center
- Studies Abroad
- STEM Center
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- University Core
- Campus Life
- About UP
- Studies Abroad
- Buckley Center 114, MSC 193
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
- fax: 503-943-7804
Studies Abroad: Toledo Summer Spanish
Toledo has a rich heritage from the Jewish, Muslim, and Christian cultures from the early Middle Ages to the present time. Madrid is easily accessible by rail or bus.
Students will have the opportunity to develop Spanish skills in the classroom under the instruction of native faculty from Spain. Participants will reside in the residence at the Fundación Ortega y Gasset. Meals will be provided. Excursions may include trips to Madrid, Segovia, and the Route of Don Quixote. Upon their return to Portland, students will be prepared to enroll in 300-level Spanish courses.
Students will take one Spanish class for 6 credit hours total.
· SPN 205 Accelerated Intermediate Spanish – 6 credits
Students must complete Spanish 101 & 102 before the program is scheduled to begin.
· Includes: tuition for six credit hours, housing, meals, excursions (including some meals and admissions), and insurance.
· The cost of the program does not include airfare.
The program will run from early May to mid-June 2016.
Priority deadline for applications: Thursday, October 1, 2015. (Studies Abroad will accept applications after October 1, but students who submit before will have priority.) Decisions will be announced by the start of the spring semester in January 2016 (after fall grades).