Studies Abroad: Tokyo, Japan Program
All courses are linked with the different sights and cultural aspects of Tokyo. Among the special tours planned are visits to the Meiji Shrine and the Edo-Tokyo Museum. It is also possible for students to experience a range of traditional Japanese arts including Noh, Kabuki, the tea ceremony, flower arrangement, and a variety of Japanese arts on display at Tokyo museums.
Sophia University, a Jesuit institution in downtown Tokyo, offers courses in the humanities, social studies, international business, and economics. Students will choose two courses (worth 3 credits each) among a variety of classes.
· No previous Japanese experience is required and all courses are taught in English.
· The program is especially recommended for Global Business majors.
Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.2 and should have completed 60 credit hours when the program begins. Preference will be given to Global Business majors.
Cost : $5,460
· Includes: tuition, housing fees, some group excursions, and insurance.
· Does not include: airfare, meals, books, and other personal expenses.
· Six $1,000 scholarships are available for competitive applicants.
Program Dates :
The program dates are July 21 to August 12, 2016.
deadline for applications: Thursday, October 1, 2015. (Studies Abroad
will accept applications after October 1, but students who submit before will
have priority.) Decisions will be announced by the start of the spring
semester in January 2016 (after fall grades).