Technical Services: Support Areas
Areas of Support
Full Support for all university-owned media and audio technology, while non-university owned media / audio will be supported on a "best effort" basis. If the support center is unable to resolve an issue over the phone, the issue will be assigned to the appropriate department for a technician to come and look at the problem in person. Onsite technicians are dispatched only for university-owned media / audio support and only by appointment.
Basic Equipment List
- Smart Carts: Includes a computer, digital video projector, DVD & VHS Combo
- Camcorder Kits: Digital cameras available
- Laptops: Both PC and Macintosh
- Projectors: Includes data video, slide, overhead, and document (visualizers) projectors
- PowerPoint Carts: Includes computer and monitor or computer and InFocus (please specify)
- Audio Systems: Includes cassette recorders, CD players, boom boxes, portable PA systems, recording equipment, microphones, audio mixers, and headphones
- Presentation equipment: Includes easels, chart pads, and laser pointers
- OMR Scanning (bubble tests): The Support Center provides training and access to the equipment, but faculty must provide their own forms. For information on the exam scoring system please review this website. You can order new testing forms and get basic support form this site.
- Equipment Repairs: Report any hardware problems to media services.
- Audio and Video duplication: The Support Center works in accordance to all copyright laws and regulations in regard to the duplication of video and audio materials. Blank tapes are not provided, but can be purchased in the book store.
- Training: Training is provided on request by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.