- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business Administration
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Clark Library
- Academic Advising
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Franz Center
- Garaventa Center
- Honors Program
- Learning Resource Center
- Majors & Minors
- Studies Abroad
- STEM Center
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- University Core
- Campus Life
- About UP
- Web & Enterprise Services
- Tyson 109, MSC 194
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
Web & Enterprise Services: orgs.up.edu Guidelines
Orgs.up.edu is a web domain created, supported, and maintained by the Office of Web & Enterprise Services to serve as a physical location for websites and pages required by official campus organizations and clubs. It differs from teaching.up.edu, faculty.up.edu, and Sherpa in that:
- It hosts web applications, web pages and websites created by students, teachers, and staff to promote and support the online communication needed by clubs and organizations.
- It does not hold resources that could be communicated using Moodle or stored using web foldering in combination with the SAN.
- It does not host professional or personal information related to a particular faculty member.
- While the information may enhance a particular department’s, program’s, or office’s larger web presence and/or directly contribute to recruiting of students or faculty, it falls hierarchically under a department, school, or the college. It does not directly affect the mission of a particular department or school.
- It provides some flexibility in the design or information presented that cannot be achieved using Sherpa.
To determine if material belongs in Sherpa, consider the following:
- Is the information applicable at a department, school, or office level? In other words, would publishing the material in a visible location significantly enhance the mission or message of the group? If so, this information could move to Sherpa.
For more information, please review the solutions decision flowchart.
Using orgs.up.edu is a privilege rather than a right. Because it is a shared resource, certain guidelines apply.
- Orgs.up.edu is not a storage server. All content, files, images, etc. on it are required for web access and display. Files that have served this purpose but have become outdated should be removed in a timely manner and archived in the University’s electronic storage locations.
- Orgs.up.edu is not a resource for personal web page content display. All information should be related to the purpose of the professional academic communication.
- The University’s Acceptable Use policy applies to all uses of the server and domain.
To gain access to a folder on orgs.up.edu, students, faculty and staff should do the following:
Submit a folder request to the Help Desk that includes:
- The name of the club/organization requesting the folder. This name will be used to name the folder so please apply conventional web naming standards (no spaces, special characters, and avoid underscores) when naming your folder. For example, the Hawaii Club could submit orgs.up.edu/hawaii or the English Club could submit orgs.up.edu/englishclub.
- The purpose of the material in the folder.
- Any special access considerations for the folder (i.e., enrolled students require permissions, password protection is required, etc.).
- The Help Desk will review the material and consult with web services if necessary. We may return to the requester for more information.
- If the material is in keeping with the objectives of the domain, a folder will be created and permissions to the folder granted. If not, web services will work with the requester to find a more appropriate web location for the material.