Contracts & Forms

Housing Contract

All students residing on campus must read and sign the residence hall and food service contract before taking occupancy of their room. The contract is for the entire academic year except for those approved to be released through the petition process for spring study abroad or December graduation, or for those beginning the contract in January. It is important that the information in the contract is reviewed carefully by students and shared with parents/guardians.

At the time you apply for on-campus housing, you agree to the terms and conditions of the housing contract, contingent on your selecting or being assigned housing on campus. For students under 18, there is a section on the application that must be completed by a co-signer (a parent or guardian), agreeing to the terms of the contract.

2017-18 Residence Hall & Food Service Contract

2018-19 Residence Hall & Food Service Contract


Meal Plan Change Form: Use this form to change to a different meal plan. The deadline to make changes for the Spring semester is Friday, January 19, 2018. More information about meal plans here.

Request for Exemption from First-Year Residency Requirement: Use this form if you are an incoming first-year student and would like to request an exemption from the on-campus residency requirement for first-year students.

2017-2018 Petition Form to Cancel Housing Contract: Use this form if you signed a housing contract for the 2017-18 academic year but wish to be released from that contract. This form should be used in the following situations:

  • To tell us you are leaving University of Portland altogether because you're taking a leave of absence, you're graduating earlier than planned, or you're transferring schools.
  • To tell us you've been accepted into a study abroad program and will not need your campus housing next semester.
  • To request to break your housing contract because of an unexpected and serious change in your health, financial, or academic situation. This requires supporting documentation and is granted only with approval from the Associate Director for Housing. Petitions to be released from the housing contract for the full 2017-18 academic year must be received before the start of fall classes. Petitions to be released from the housing contract for the spring 2018 semester are due November 15, 2017.

2017-2018 Petition Form to Modify Housing Contract: Use this form in the following situations:

  • Section 1:
    • To notify us that you will be changing the room or hall to which you are assigned. This requires the signature of your hall director and, where applicable, the signature of the hall director whose hall you will be moving to.
  • Section 2:
    • To petition to live in on-campus housing when you will no longer be a full-time student. Indicate the number of credit hours you are taking or will be taking when you drop below full-time status (12 credits for undergraduate students and 9 credits for graduate students), and include a brief explanation of your reason for dropping below full-time status.
    • To request to arrive earlier than the date halls open at the beginning of a semester, or to stay later than the date halls close at the end of a semester. This requires an explanation and, if approved, your student account will be charged $47 per day that you move in early or stay late. Generally, requests are only approved for a single day's early arrival or late stay. Requests to arrive early for the fall 2017 semester are due by August 18.
    • To request an exemption from your meal plan. This requires first contacting Bon Appétit to determine whether your health and dietary needs can be accommodated in our dining halls. When submitting this form you must attach medical documentation (such as a note from your doctor) explaining why this exemption should be granted. It is not guaranteed.


University of Portland
5000 N. Willamette Blvd.,
Portland, Oregon 97203-5798