Financial Matters & Student Employment | University of Portland

Financial Matters & Student Employment

Financial Aid

The office of Financial Aid provides information on the costs of attending UP, scholarships, loans, grants, and other aid on their website. They also provide a checklist fo applying for financial aid and a list of important dates and deadlines to guide new students and families through the process of applying for financial aid. The Office of Financial Aid is open for questions from students and families, 8:30am-4:30pm Monday-Friday, and students may also make appointments to talk with a financial aid counselor in-person or over the phone.

Visit the Financial Aid Website

Student Accounts

 The Office of Student Accounts ensures that all funds due to the university are billed, collected, posted, deposited, and reconciled. It is through this office that students receive tuition bills, and can make payments to their account. The Student Accounts website provides information on tuition and fees, billing, refunds, health insurance, institutional loans, as well as important dates & deadlines for payments.

Visit the Student Accounts Website

Student Employment - Jobs on Campus

Interested in working on campus? Many UP offices hire student workers, and jobs will be listed beginning August 1. Incoming freshman and transfer students may apply for these positions. All students are responsible for seeking out and applying for student employment themselves.  Students are encouraged to apply early and apply often for student employment positions once they are posted.

  • Federal Work Study is not required to work on-campus; all students enrolled at least half-time in a degree program are eligible to work on campus.
  • Students, including students with Federal Work Study, are not guaranteed a student employment position and students are not placed in positions.  

As with any job, students will need to complete a W-4 tax form and a Federal Form I-9 prior to working. In order to complete the Federal Form I-9 you will have to present original, unexpired documents establishing identity and eligibility to work in the United States. Any student interested in Student Employment should bring their original and unexpired passport, Social Security Card, birth certificate, or other appropriate documentation listed on the back of the Form I-9. These forms must be completed before a student is allowed to begin working.

Students are encouraged to complete the required employment documents (W-4 and I-9) at orientation if there is any possibility that they will work on campus while enrolled at UP; this ensures no delay in opportunities for employment.

For questions or further information, please review the links below or contact the Student Employment Coordinator at