Financial Matters & Student Employment | University of Portland

Financial Matters & Student Employment

Financial Aid

The office of Financial Aid provides information on the costs of attending the University of Portland, scholarships, loans, grants, and other aid on their website. Visit their web pages on How to Apply for Aid and Important Dates & Deadlines to learn more about how and when to apply for financial aid at UP. The counselors at the Office of Financial Aid are available for phone appointments, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please visit the Contact Us web page of the Financial Aid website to learn more about how to get connected with a financial aid counselor.

Visit the Financial Aid Website

Student Accounts

Invoices for fall tuition are mailed on November 22, 2021, and are due on January 4, 2022.

The last day to drop courses for a 100% tuition refund is January 14, 2021.

The Office of Student Accounts ensures that all of the university's outstanding balances are billed, collected, posted, deposited, and reconciled. Student Accounts issues tuition bills and processes subsequent payments. The Student Accounts website provides information on tuition and fees, billing, refunds, health insurance, institutional loans, as well as important dates & deadlines for payments.

Visit the Student Accounts Website

Student Employment - Jobs on Campus

Interested in working on campus? Many offices at the University of Portland employ student workers. Jobs will be listed on the Student Job Board. Incoming first-year and transfer students may apply for these positions. All students are responsible for seeking out and applying for student employment themselves.  Visit the Student Employment Eligibility webpage on the student employment website to learn more about eligibility requirements.

As with any job, student employees must present a valid ID in order to complete the Form I-9 (federal authorization to work), the Form W-4 (federal tax withholding), and the Form OR-W-4 (state tax withholding). Please note that the student employment office cannot accept copies of valid ID documents to complete the Form I-9. They must have access to the original, unexpired document(s). Please visit the Student Employee Paperwork webpage to learn more about what is considered a valid form of identification according to the Form I-9. These forms must be completed before a student can begin working in a student employment position. Students are encouraged to complete the required employment documents during orientation if there is any possibility that they will hold a campus job, as this will ensure that there is no delay in hiring.

Visit the Student Employment Website

For questions or further information, please review the links below or contact the Student Employment Coordinator at