Skip to main content Skip to footer site map


Title IX

What can the University do to help me?

The University of Portland is committed to supporting those affected by all forms of interpersonal violence. Whether you are a survivor or a witness of interpersonal violence, you are entitled to reasonable accommodations which may include a no-contact order, a change in an academic schedule, alternative housing options, access to counseling, or other accommodations. Please contact the Title IX coordinator or deputy Title IX coordinator to request these or other accommodations.

Can I make an anonymous report?

A student may make a report to Title IX without including one’s name or the name of the accused by calling the Title IX coordinator or deputy coordinator and requesting to refrain from providing names. However, the University's ability to investigate an incident is limited when names are not included in reports. 

Making an initial anonymous report does not, in any way, prevent a student from choosing to follow-up with additional information in the future, if desired. The University always welcomes additional information after the initial complaint is made.

If I make a report, will I get in trouble for other policy violations?

In order to encourage reporting of interpersonal violence, the University will not pursue the conduct process against a student who reports interpersonal violence for lesser policy violations that occur in connection with the reported incident (including alcohol, drug, intervisitation, or sexual intimacy policies.) 

What happens if I make a report to Title IX?

Reports made to the Title IX Coordinator will be investigated to the extent possible. Information will be shared with certain campus administrators, if necessary, to protect the safety of individuals involved and that of the campus community. Reporting to the Title IX Coordinator does not obligate the student to pursue a Student Conduct case through the University system. A reporting student may choose to engage the Student Conduct process at any time. The University may initiate the Conduct process or take other actions if a threat to the student or community is determined.